⭐ V I V I A N ⭐

~•✴⭐✴•~Ready to Go | Chapter 20~•✴⭐✴•~

~•✴⭐✴•~
Ready to Go | Chapter 20
~•✴⭐✴•~

Vivian was mindlessly flipping through TV with Wanda fast asleep in her lap. The day was uneventful; they finished their drinks and came home before watching a movie. Well, Vivian watched the movie while she let Wanda fall asleep.

Vivian took a break from the TV to glance down at the Sokovian in her lap. She truly looked peaceful, younger even, as if the last few years of hardship had never happened for her. Suddenly, Vivian was full of conviction; she wanted to find a way to ease Wanda's pain, erase everything that had hurt her, bring back everyone who meant the world to her. The feeling quickly faded once Vivian realized that that's exactly how she got into this mess in the first place. She debated whether it was worth it, whether she could convince Wanda to help her find a way.

Almost as if on cue, Vivian's hands started to ache. She removed her arm from around Wanda and pulled off her gloves, examining her hands and wrists. Nothing looked off, her hands looked no worse than the last time that she checked, but nonetheless, the dull pain was slowly turning sharp, cutting into her veins.

Vivian carefully moved from underneath of Wanda, placing her head softly on the couch cushion before getting up. Her plan was to go to her room and try out a new potion she had been working on, but she was stopped a few feet away from the couch when her hands started to burn. She winced and sat against the couch, watching as her curse started to spread throughout her veins like a black ink.

"Bože, to bolí, zastavte to." Vivian mumbled. It wasn't a spell and it wasn't in Latin. As a matter of fact, she had no idea what language she was speaking right now. She just knew it wasn't English. She couldn't think straight enough to think of a spell.

"Vivian, are you okay?" Wanda asks, her voice a little groggy from just waking up. She sat up slowly and stretched.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Vivian says, keeping her voice level as she leans her head against the couch, closing her eyes. She hears Wanda shift on the couch behind her as she quietly mumbles a spell. The burning fades back into a dull ache and she feels Wanda's hands on hers.

"Is it your hands?" Wanda asks, her thumb lightly grazing Vivian's palms. Vivian nods, opening her eyes and biting her bottom lip. The pain was going away, but the fact still stood that it was getting worse, no matter how little she used magic.

"Every time." Vivian mumbles. She wasn't sure if she was talking to herself or talking to Wanda, but she didn't stop. "Every time I think it's getting better, every time I want to just move past what I did, it gets worse. It fucking hurts, you know?"

Wanda lets go of Vivian's hand, sitting next to her on the floor. "It's been months since Pietro died." she starts. "Sometimes I am fine, I can move on and be happy. But other times the guilt settles in, and I am grieving again."

"But I don't want to grieve." Vivian says, her voice cracking as she tries to hold in her tears. "My stepdad fucked us over, he doesn't deserve to be missed. I should be happy that I got to make my mother happy, but I can't even stand to look at her phone number."

Tears start to fall down Vivian's face and she tries to wipe them away before giving up and resting her head in Wanda's shoulder. She always hated crying because her body always picked the worst times. She wasn't feeling sad or anything, she was frustrated and angry, all firey emotions.

"Vivian, your stepfather played a big role in your life. It's perfectly fine to grieve him." Wanda says, putting her arm around Vivian. They sat like that for a while as quite tears fell down Vivian's face, just existing next to each other. Once Vivian had calmed down enough she sat back up, wiping the tears from her face.

Vivian stares at her hands for a while, flexing her fingers. Just examining her hands, clenching and unclenching her fists. How many times had she tried to use magic to fix a magic problem? How many spells to hide the curse, to ease the pain, to get rid of it in it's early stages?

"It wasn't worth it." Vivian says before getting up to look for her gloves. "What's the point of having this thing in my blood if I can't say why it's there?"

"Vivian, you made your mother happy. That's what you keep saying, and that's what you wanted to do, right?" Wanda says, standing up and leaning against the couch.

"But I can't tell her." Vivian stresses, throwing her hands in the air. "I promised her that I'd make her happy again, and now she doesn't even remember that." Vivian finally finds her gloves and quickly pulls them on.

"I'm going to the room." she says, turning around and looking at Wanda. "I just need a moment."

"Vivian -"

"A moment." Vivian repeats, raising a finger and cutting Wanda off. She walks over to Wanda, places a kiss on her cheek, and goes to her room. She really didn't expect for today to be an emotional rollercoaster, but it was and now she's tired.