⭐ V I V I A N ⭐

~•✴⭐✴•~The Calendar | Chapter 28~•✴⭐✴•~

~•✴⭐✴•~
The Calendar | Chapter 28
~•✴⭐✴•~

Vivian had tried calling and texting Wanda to see if she was okay, but she never answered. Capitan America and the Sokovia Accords were constantly in the news and she just wanted to make sure that Wanda didn't get pulled into something dangerous. After the bombing at the UN, Vivian just wanted to know that Wanda was safe.

Vivian was watching the news in her apartment, flipping through the channels to find any information about the Avengers as a whole, not just Rogers. She couldn't care less what happened to them.

She eventually gave up her search, turning on some movie she'd seen before and attempting to text Wanda again. Maybe her phone was dead, or she left it at the compound, or she lost it after Lagos. There was probably a reasonable explanation for her not answering. She was a superhero after all. And it seemed like the superheroes were having a bit of a crisis.

Vivian had done her fair share of research on the Accords and from what she gathered she had concluded that they were a way to take the heat off of the Avengers and put it in the government. In Vivian's opinion, they should have done that back in 2014 after SHIELD fell. Before then SHIELD took care of everything, but they had been operating on their own for two years now and had done some damage. Vivian's home for half of her life was destroyed because Tony Stark thought he could save the world with a computer.

There was still no response from Wanda. Maybe she was hiding out with Tony Stark and Black Widow, both of whom signed the Accords. That would be a smart decision, protecting herself in case things went to shit. Or maybe she was with the Star Spangled hero tracking down Bucky Barnes. She had done some research on him too and understood what Rogers saw in him, but didn't condone trying to save him. Let him get arrested. It was safe for everyone.

Thinking about superhero politics was starting to bore Vivian, so she turned off the TV and went to her room, grabbing her spell book and a few empty bottles. True to her personal promise, Vivian had not been casting spells. She was, however, playing around and experimenting with potions.

She was still intent on fixing herself, but she was done using the magic. She was also done using the gloves, however only in her home. Vivian almost didn't notice her stained skin anymore since it stopped aching from her magic use. To her, it was more like a rash now, a minor inconvenience that could be fixed with proper treatment.

Vivian had entertained the idea of using different magic to heal her hands, but she had no idea if it would react to her the same way that dark magic had. She didn't want to be in anymore pain that she had to be anymore. That part of her life was done and she was trying to start over.

Vivian left her room, turned the TV on again just to make sure that she didn't miss any important news, and set up her things in the kitchen, searching through the cupboards for what she needed. As she made her way to the last cupboard she caught a glimpse of red and gold on the TV out the corner of her eye. She grabbed the remote and turned up the volume, listening intently.

"...two factions of the superhero team The Avengers - those signed to the Sokovia Accords and those following Steve Rogers - are locked in battle in an airport in Leipzig, Germany." the news anchor was saying. They showed live footage of the fight from above, and Vivian swore that she could make out the bright red of Wanda's hexes. No wonder she want picking up the phone.

"This fight is following the escape of the national terrorist and UN bomber James Buchanan Barnes with the aid of Steve Rogers aka Captain America and Samuel Wilson aka the Falcon. Local authorities urge civilians to stay clear of the airport as the area is very dangerous."

Vivian couldn't believe it. Not only was Wanda avoiding something named after their home, but she was going to get caught and arrested for it.

~•✴⭐✴•~

This is way shorter than the other chapters, my bad.

Also, only two more chapters after this 😱