⭐ V I V I A N ⭐

~•✴⭐✴•~Nearly Witches | Chapter 30~•✴⭐✴•~

~•✴⭐✴•~
Nearly Witches | Chapter 30
~•✴⭐✴•~

Two years. It had been two years, and every time Vivian thought that she was over Wanda, her feelings crept back up on her.

Vivian finally managed to brake out of her rebellious heartbreaker phase. After being with Wanda, she realized that she did in fact want a picture perfect family; a house and a wife and kids, living comfortably and overflowing with love. She deserved it after what she put herself through.

She also moved back in with her parents to get herself back on her feet. She wasn't ready to be alone when she left, and it was good to be surrounded by a positive reminder of what she did, not the negative thoughts and guilt.

The one thing that didn't improve was her love life. Despite being a more loyal and trustworthy partner, deep down Vivian was still comparing every girl to Wanda, and that wasn't fair to both her partner and herself. Vivian's one regret was Wanda.

It was hard not to think about her. Lord knows where she is and if she's okay; the last Vivian heard of Wanda was hearing about her was her getting busted out of prison. Captain America's portion of the Avengers were still fugitives and still very much hidden. Wanda could be anywhere on the planet right now and no one would know. But that's not what important right now.

Vivian was really trying this time. She had finally found a girl who understands what she's going through and is patient enough to help her. Slowly but surely, Vivian was learning that she didn't have to rely on Wanda for everything.

Currently Vivian was in one of her funks, laying in her bed while staring at the ceiling. It was her one month anniversary with her girlfriend and she was supposed to be getting ready for dinner, but something had suddenly hit her the night before that she couldn't stop thinking about; she really loved this girl. And it wasn't like before when she tried to convince herself that her feelings were love, it was actually real.

Vivian was pulled out of her thoughts by a knock on her door. Her mother came in before being invited, lingering in the doorway.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready, Vivi?" she asked softly. Vivian had told Emily about these moodswings of hers and her mother's way of helping was being a little over cautious which was a little annoying, but it helped to know that she was trying.

"Dnes to nemôžem urobiť." Vivian mumbles. She had also taken to speaking in anything but English around the house when she was in one of these moods. It was helpful when she spoke in a language her parents didn't know, but not right now when her tongue betrayed her.

"What do you mean you can't do it today?" Emily asks, sitting next to Vivian on her bed, who groans loudly before sitting up.

"I mean I can't do it, mom." Vivian says, a trace of her accent in her voice. She had speaking more of her native tongue lately and it was creeping back up on her. "I can't drag myself out of bed today. I might just have to cancel dinner and send Audrey a saucy text message to make up for it because I'm a mess and I've fucked up again and I can't face her right now."

Vivian didn't say what she wanted to say; how could she? There was no way in hell that she was admitting to being in love with someone else, someone who wasn't Wanda. But she didn't have to.

Emily pulled Vivian into a hug that she hesitantly reciprocated, stroking her daughter's mess of a head of hair. Vivian buries her head into her mother's neck, holding her tighter.

"I know moja láska." Emily coos. "I know what's really wrong, and you didn't fuck up."

"You do?" Vivian asks, sitting up to look at her mother. She was shocked that even after all this time her motherly instincts still kicked in. Or maybe she wasn't as good at hiding her emotions as she thought.

"Of course I do, Vivian. I'm your mother." Emily says, chuckling. "You're starting to realize just how real your feelings for Audrey are. I've seen you go through this about a million times; you're gonna be fine, Vivi."

"But this time is different." Vivian protests, her voice coming out more whiny than she'd hoped as a lump formed in the back of her throat. "Wanda and I promised each other that when the time was right we'd come back, and I meant everything I said that night. I promised that I'd always love her, but how am I supposed to do that if I'm with Audrey?"

Emily sighs, but a smile was still on her face. She takes Vivian's hands in hers. "Vivian, you've always cared about Wanda, even when you were little kids and we moved here. At any time then, did you ever stop caring about her?"

Vivian shakes her head no. If she had stopped caring, she literally would not be here right now, sitting with her mother in her old bed.

"And do you think that after everything you two went through that you'll stop caring for her?"

Again, Vivian shakes her head no. How could she? Wanda was the first person who she told about her magic and her parents, the first person that she trusted with her heart in a long time, the one who was able to pull her out of her bubble of self pity, the first one to truly give a damn about her in years. You don't just forget about someone like that.

"Then you can't keep pushing everyone away because of one girl. That's not you, Vivi." Emily says, squeezing Vivian's hands, causing her to smile a bit. "If you do, your one regret will be never letting her go. Wanda made her choice, and I know it feels like she's forgotten about you, but I know for a fact that she still cares for you like you care for her."

"She wouldn't want me to stay holed up in here alone." Vivian says, regaining her confidence. "She'd encourage me to be with Audrey and get off my ass," she says as she finally gets out of bed, both her and Emily smiling.

"I'll leave you to get ready. Your father and I will be in the living room." Emily says before leaving the room.

Her mother was right; Vivian would never get anywhere while her feelings for Wanda held her back, romantically speaking. If she were to ever live the life that she deserved, she'd have to let Wanda go.

After a nice long shower and spending a half an hour choosing between her three Good Outfits, Vivian had finally pulled herself together for her anniversary. She grabbed her phone of her bedside table and opened her messages to text Audrey before changing her mind. She sat on her bed as she tapped Wanda's name. She typed and retyped for a while before finally just calling her, not expecting her to pick up.

The phone rang a few times before the default voicemail message played. Once she heard the familiar tone, Vivian spoke.

"Hey Wanda, it's Vivian." she started, her voice coming out weak. She cleared her throat before continuing. "I know it's been years since we've heard from each other, and I know that you'll probably never hear this message because you're running from the government or whatever, but I just wanted to talk.

"This whole time I've been trying to hold on to you, thinking that it was the only way to honor our promise, but today I realized that the only way to do that is to let you go. So this is my way of doing that. Letting go I mean.

"I've got a new girl. Well, I've had a few but this one's different. She's funny and kind and reminds me a lot of you. But not in a creepy "I only date people like my ex" way. Anyway. She makes me really happy, and I think I love her. God that feels weird to say. But I do. That's doesn't mean that I don't still care about you, because I do. It's always been you.

"I didn't lie to you the last time we saw each other, I will still wait for you. I'll wait as long as it takes Wanda Maximoff, but I've got to live my life. No matter what, I'll still care about you. I knew when we were kids and I know now that I lo-" The message recorder cut Vivian off, but she still felt better. As a matter of fact, she felt as if a giant weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She finally got her big goodbye, her closure.

Vivian turned off her phone screen before grabbing a purse and leaving her room, feeling ready to take on anything that the world threw at her.