a foreword

I wrote this story back in 2018 during the height of my obsession with Panic! at the Disco. Recently this summer, Panic! fans have had to find out that Brendon Urie is allegedly a sexual harasser and a cheater, and that he doesn't care about his tour manager Zack Hall's inappropriate and sexual behavior, sexualization of minors (though Zack may not have been aware of these women's ages, but that do any make it any less gross), and his poor and verbally abusive treatment of former bassist Dallon Weekes and his wife Breezy.

Despite all of these allegations coming out about both men, Panic! as a whole have been completely radio silent. Even the label has been ignoring this, despite multiple movements on social media to bring these things to their attention. I have given up hope that these things will get addressed, and I no longer support Panic! at the Disco or Brendon Urie.

Now, for the reason I'm writing this in the first place. Vices and Virtues is a fanfiction first and an homage to the Panic! album of the same name second. No matter what my feelings are about Brendon Urie, and by extension the band, this fanfiction will remain unaffected. This was and still is the biggest writing project I have ever worked on, and despite this books flaws, I'm still incredibly proud of finishing it.

You may finish reading this and decide that Brendon Urie is a disgusting piece of shit, and that reading a story based on one of his albums isn't worth it. I understand. You may finish reading this and not care, as you have never had any desire to associate yourself with Panic! in any way. I understand that too. I wrote this foreword to get these feelings off of my chest and to inform any Panic! stans in the Marvel fandom where I stand with Panic!. If you've read all of this, thank you so much for hearing me out, and I hope you enjoy this story.