⭐ V I V I A N ⭐

~•✴⭐✴•~Always | Chapter 22~•✴⭐✴•~

~•✴⭐✴•~
Always | Chapter 22
~•✴⭐✴•~

Vivian was having a good day. She was in a good mood and full of energy, so she was a little thrown off when Wanda came home in what seemed to be a funk. Sure she greeted her with a kiss and a smile, but her smile didn't quite reach her eyes. Wanda brushed it off as being tired and just went to the bedroom.

Vivian was spending the day cleaning up the apartment. It was least she could do after swinging violently between being catatonic or hyper defensive the last few days and not contributing much to society or her apartment. To be honest, she felt like shit and needed to get out of the bedroom. Movement and fresh air always helped her feel better after getting into one of her moods, so she busied herself with house work.

After a few minutes of cleaning and trying not to worry about Wanda, Vivian made her way to the fridge. She figured that she deserved a little break to get a snack. Once she opened the fridge though, she was reminded of the fact that she hadn't done any grocery shopping in a while. She sighed, finding a sticky note and pen to write Wanda a little note before sticking it in the fridge. Hopefully she'd come out of the bedroom while Vivian was gone.

Vivian grabbed her jacket and keys before leaving the apartment, a list of things to buy forming in her head.

~•✴⭐✴•~

It was still early when Vivian left, so the store wasn't that crowded when she got there. It also helped that it was a Wednesday and everyone was probably at work too. She picked a parking spot close to the front of the store and got out, locking the car behind her.

Going into a grocery store felt weird and foreign to Vivian. Before Wanda, Vivian often just took food from her friends, had them bring her food, or she ordered takeout. This was the first time in a while that she had actually been in a store.

She grabbed a cart and quickly got what she needed, trying to shake the feeling of being a lonely housewife. Why did everything always have to go back to being a housewife? She had no idea and no intention to fix it.

Finally grabbing the last thing on her list, Vivian goes up to get in line. As she was looking over all the gum and candy by the line, she heard a familiar voice. She looks around before she finds the source; Riley - from that day in the bar - scanning groceries for the old woman in front of Vivian. Vivian smiles to herself, shaking her head as she placed her groceries on the conveyor belt.

Finally the older woman pays for her things and leaves, allowing Riley to start ringing up Vivian's things.

"So this was what your big interview was for?" Vivian quips instead of offering a greeting. Riley pauses what she's doing and gives Vivian a look of confusion before recognition flashes across her face.

"Hey, I remember you." Riley says, smiling. "Vivian, right? You still watching tennis?" she jokes.

"You still going to bars before interviews?" Vivian jokes instead of answering, hoping to move the conversation back to her original question. "Girl, I thought you were going to get a fancier job than this."

"You don't know if I do or not." Riley says, holding back a sly smile. She finishes ringing up Vivian's things and hands them to Vivian to put back into the cart. "That'll be $59.60."

Vivian sighs a little as she pulls her money out of her jacket pocket and gives exact change to Riley. Maybe she shouldn't've grabbed so many snacks. Her mother always told her never to shop hungry. Vivian finishes putting her bags in the cart and tucks her money back into her pocket.

"Hey, I never got your number." Riley speaks up before Vivian leaves, suddenly sounding a lot more shy than before. The people in line behind Vivian groan and she glares at them before turning back to Riley.

"I got you, hold on." she says, searching her pocket for a pen and a tiny piece of paper. She finds a gum wrapper and no pen, but that issues is quickly fixed with a quick spell muttered under her breath. She jots down her number before handing the wrapper to Riley, the strong cinnamon scent drifting between them.

"Just text me later and let me know that it's you." Vivian says before putting the pen back in her pocket and grabbing onto the cart. "Talk to you later."

It wasn't until she was in the car and halfway home that she realized what she had done; she had just given a really cute brunette girl that goes to bars before interviews and flirts with strangers at said bar and at work despite the line being full of old men and soccer moms and wasn't her girlfriend her phone number. That was stupid, reckless behavior.

Part of her wanted to take it back and apologize to Riley and confess to Wanda, but another part of her wanted to see what happened. After all, Wanda wasn't paying Vivian much mind as of late...