chapter.13

daisy

Seth shook his head as he let out a rare lighthearted laugh upon seeing the pout on Daisy's face, silently complaining about having to go with him.

"Stop pouting, little kitten," he said, rubbing her side as they walked.

"Do I have to go with you? O-Owen was going to teach me how to play chess." She whined with pleading eyes directed at him.

They were going to the prison gym and quite frankly, Daisy was terrified. A gym in general was the last place she ever wanted to be, let alone a testosterone enclosed room with sweaty prisoners. But unfortunately, her boyfriend was adamant in keeping her close to him at all times.

"I have to work for this body that you love so much." He smirked, winking at her.

Heat rushed to her cheeks knowing that her appreciation for his perfectly sculptured body wasn't as subtle as she thought. "I don't love it." she mumbled weakly.

Thankfully, he let the topic go when they arrived at the gym, probably in fear of her finally breaking to pieces with all the embarrassment he subjects her to. A person can only take so much.

Eyes followed the couple as soon as they entered the room, all pausing their actions just to gawk at them. The room wasn't a particularly large one with the amount of people and equipment all cramped together. A musky scent of sweat made Daisy wrinkle her nose in disgust while she hid her face in Seth's arm, attempting to feel less exposed.

It was only after Seth glared at the silent room that people carried on with their activities and averted their eyes from them.

A few prison officers stood by the walls but their wary looks at her boyfriend didn't make her feel any safer.

Seth led her to a small rusted bench in the corner of the room and gestured for her to sit, which she did. "You stay here and keep your eyes on your little book. I'll be right over here. Okay, angel?" He asked caressing her cheek with his finger was a gentle expression, much to shock of some of the prisoners that failed to mind their own business.

Too afraid to speak, she quickly nodded her head and opened her book with shaky hands. She heard him sigh, which was followed by a loving kiss on her head. "You'll be okay." He assured for the last time before going to lift weights .

Daisy chanted his words in her head like a mantra, unable to focus on her book at all. Despite having gotten used to being surrounded by dangerous criminals and knowing that many of them were actually not as bad as she once thought, the odd threatening looks some still gave her caused fear to return to her all over again.

She breathed slowly out of her mouth and closed her eyes tightly to calm her frantically beating heart. Usually Seth would be right by her side to comfort her with just his presence but he was otherwise preoccupied.

Since meeting him, they hardly had any time apart unless he had important and very suspicious meetings with other prisoners or prison officers. She wondered what he had been doing before she was there and figured he was most likely spending his time in the gym.

Daisy felt extremely guilty to disrupt the normal routine that he was use to for four years so she forced herself sit through the next half an hour.

Just after a few minutes however, Seth strode over to her with a murderous look in his eyes and held his hand out to pull her to her feet with surprisingly gentle actions. His hand went around her waist when her legs wobbled with nerves.

When she quietly asked him what was wrong, his possessive hold tightened around her while she desperately sought comfort in him after the anxiety she felt just moments before. She nudged him for an answer as the silence lengthened.