Chapter 14

Celeste

"Miss, sorry to bother you. I'm going to have to take your blood pressure and blood for the blood test."
I hear a faint voice from my left.

The night light is on and I see a nurse smiling kindly at me. I nodded and she proceeded with what she needs to do.

I fell asleep after requesting for sleeping pills from the nurse. It did help, my sleep was good until the nurse came. It's not her fault though, she's doing her work.

The nurse finished taking my pressure and told me to bear with the pain for blood taking.

I looked out the small window of my hospital room door, there are nurses walking and a few patients wondering around, probably having a hard time to fall asleep.

"Aaand we're done. You can rest now miss. Why is this room so dark." The nurse said and walked out, mumbling the last sentence.

Weird, she's already out of the room but I can still hear her clearly.
Guess I'll just count some sheep now.

"Rise and shine sis!"
A loud noise made me jolt up from my bed.

"Justin you woke her up!" I calmed myself from the sudden shock and looked up, mother is here.

She is trying to hit the boy as he runs from her, coming in front of me and showed a flask he was holding.

"Mum made you herbal tea! I'm Justin, your little handsome brother." He winked and proceeded to pour the tea.

I feel my face heating up, am I blushing?! He's younger than me! I mentally slapped myself as the door was opened again.

Revealing a very uncontrollable handsome real life sculpture -
Evan.

:)

He greeted mother and Justin before sitting by my bed.

"Are you feeling better now?"
"Yes mother, I'm fine now."
Justin handed me the cup of herbal tea and sat down by the edge of my bed, looking and me curiously.

"Since when did you use mother instead of mum? From what I remember, you said mother is too formal." He laughed as if it's a joke.

Too formal? I've been using the word since birth(?)

Mother shushed him and changed the topic, we chatted for a while until Justin had to go to school and mother has to attend a store's opening ceremony so they had to go.

Evan have been quite since morning, no, since I wake up from my coma.

"Evan, what happened to you?"

"Sorry?"

"You've been quiet since I wake up from the coma. If you are still worried, I swear I'm really fine now. Relax yourself a bit."

"It's nothing, I guess I'm just... tired."

"Then you should rest instead of coming here all day. You look paler than before too."

"I will."

"Evan, look at me. I know something is bothering you."

"I'm really okay, stop talking about me. How was your sleep last night?"

"Yes, me sleep. Evan, I've been hiding this from you. It's just that I didn't want you to worry about me, but I've been having nightmares. They feel so real that I can still even feel it now."

Evan held my hand, wanting me to continue.

"There's this girl, no, this demon. Her name is Mara. And she, she had been telling me to leave you alone. I'm scared Evan, she tortures me everytime. She wants me to suffer instead of dying."

My tears rolled down my face as my hands tremble in Evan's warm ones.

Evan hugged me and caressed my hair, calming me down.

"Celeste, your nightmares..."

I was sobbing non-stop, and he hugged me tighter.

I calmed down in his warm embrace.

"...they're real."

"What? What do you mean?"

We broke the hug and Evan looked weak, completely different from his usual cold self.

"Celeste, you..."

He held me hands, it's my first time seeing Evan in this state.

"You are a demon yourself."

Wazzup~~
Sorry if I took a really long time,just really busy these days