Chapter 2

"Brooke fucking Shields. Alive and in the damned flesh. Would you check this shit out, small world after all." Negan says smirking as the people around us continue to stare. I try to open my mouth to speak but I can't find the words.

"Where the hell have you been all this time and how'd you wind up working for good Ol' 'Rick the prick' over there." He looks around at everyone's puzzled faces. "Oh how rude of me keeping secrets from the audience. Allow me to explain. Brooke here used to be one of my best volleyball players and quite the joy to have in class. And if I do recall correctly, which I'm sure I do, she had quite the hots for me. Isn't that right Rookie?"

My face instantly darkens by at least 10 shades and my jaw drops.
"I- I was in your gym class, and- and I was on the volleyball team." Is all I can mutter out, stuttering like an idiot.
"AND ya had the hots for me." He laughs as I tense up.
"It's fine darlin' I didn't mind. Who would mind a girl as hot as you crushing on them? I felt fucking honored. Anyways back to business, but I do want you to come back with me. I'll save you from suffering of the wrath I'm going to bring upon this group."
"Negan. Please don't hurt them." I beg.
"Begging gets you nowhere in a world like this darlin'. Rick led everyone here to kill a bunch of my men and there needs to be punishment for it. Dwight, get her out of the lineup." He orders coldly. A man with a horrible scar across half his face grabs me by the arm and sits me on my knees facing in front of them. Negan continues to talk and give his speech until he steps in front of Maggie.
"I should just put you out of your misery." He says referring to her sickly appearance.
He raises his bat and Glenn screams jumping in front of him. Negan doesn't take that well and orders Glenn be put back in line. He then begins to go down the line.
"Eenie, meenie, miney, Mo. Catch a tiger by it's toe." He continues with the rhyme until
"You. Are. It.
Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."
Before anything could be done Negan raises his bat and bashes his victims head in. The sound of bat on skull sends shivers down my spine. I can't see exactly who it is but I have a good idea when I hear his victim murmur
"Suck my nuts."
Negan repeatedly and mercilessly swung over and over. I couldn't see, but the sounds of the surrounding cries was enough for me to start balling my eyes out.
"Stop." I beg through tears as Negan turns around.
"Too much for you Brooke?" He smiles. How could he be smiling! He's crazy, absolutely a psychopath. He's not who he was, or maybe I just didn't know him as well as I thought I did.
"I'm taking you with me."
"But, this is my family..." I say running my fingers through my greasy chestnut hair.
"Not anymore."
"Negan please! We get it. We really do!" A voice calls from behind.
Michonne.
She's like the older sister I've always wanted. She always protects me.
"Oh sweetheart. I know you get it. I'm sure you do. But fucking Rick the Prick here doesn't seem to get the hint."
"You don't have to take her." Michonne pleads as Carl is on his feet charging at Negan. His men aim guns at him
"Should we kill him boss?" One of his men say.
"No, put him back in line. Quite the son you have there Rick. Well back to it then!" Negan smiles as I begin to beg.
"Please Negan! Don't! I'll- I'll go with you."
"Darling you don't have a damn say if you're going or not!" He steps in front of Glenn and looks back at me.
"I did say, NO EXCEPTIONS."
Crack
He throws his barbed wire bat down again and collides it with Glenn's skull. Maggie screams as everyone gasps and cries. I'm a sobbing mess by now. Feeling helpless and hopeless.
"Maggie I'll find you." Is the last thing Glenn says before the assault continues. Once Negan is finished he looks at his bat. Nobody but me knows that his bat is named after his deceased wife "Lucille." I'm sure she is rolling in her grave seeing as to what Negan has become.
"Take her to the RV." Negan states as two men guide me to the vehicle. I'm in complete shock. I can't even move. The man I thought I knew has become a monster, a murderer. When the world goes to hell, you never know who is capable of what. Or what they will do, no matter what means, to stay alive.