Chapter 9

I wake up to the sound of snoring in my ear. I'm startled as I have no recollection of getting here. I look to my left and see Negan asleep. What the hell happened. And then it all comes back to me. I wonder if I can sneak out without waking him because I'm positive he's not gonna remember me being in here when he wakes up. I cautiously remove the covers and glide my legs off to the edge of the bed. Negan begins to stir in his sleep. Great. He's waking up. I contemplate on just running out but go against it. And then I contemplate on pretending to be asleep but before I can make a decision-

"What the fuck?" He asks opening his eyes. "What the fuck are you doing in my bed?" He groans holding his head. He's hungover.

"Wasn't in my plans either." I say "but of course i am sure you remember coming to my room at three in the morning right?" I ask already knowing he has no clue.

"I did?" He asks then his eyes grow wide. "Oh fuck, shit, did we... You know?"

"Oh yeah all night long." I lie rolling my eyes. His cheeks darken, I've never seen him so embarrassed.

"Oh- I'm. Uh." He begins to ramble incoherently.

"I'm joking Negan. We didn't do anything. But you did stumble your way to the wives room last night looking for me. You then said how you couldn't sleep because you couldn't stop thinking of me... oh and you were hoping to fuck me. OH and not to mention you confessed your love for me. And then I brought you back here and you practically begged and then forced me to stay here or you'd go back to my room in my bed and sleep there." I explain.

"Shit... I did all that. I got to stop fucking drinking so much." Negan says as he wipes his face with both hands.

"Whatever Negan." I say getting up and making my way towards the door. I'm still pissed off that he would use me for leverage.

"What's your fucking problem?" Negan asks

"My problem? What is MY problem? You Negan. You're what's my problem. I know you don't care about me. You made that quite clear with our little conversation. I'm only here to be used as leverage. Nothing more." I say walking out of the bedroom. He's hot on my heels I can hear his troubled footsteps behind me.

"Brooke. Listen. I'm sorry. You're the only one who has known me before all this. You were the only person in that fucking school I could count on. When things went to shit I even went to your house to look for you. But you were gone."

I shake my head in disbelief.

"I don't believe you." I say angrily.

"It's true. You were gone. No sign you were coming back. Where had you gone?"

"My mother and I found sanctuary for a while outside of Virginia. When it got overrun my mom got infected and I had to kill her. I then found Alexandria. The place you're trying to destroy." I say even more pissed off. "As if you care." I add hatred in my voice.

"You were the only one I could count on. You were something special." He says growing closer to me as I back up away from him.

"You don't act like it."

"Rookie, I always imagined us being something. It was so wrong but darlin it felt so fucking right." He says still moving closer, my back now hitting the door. "I didn't mean a damn word I said last night. Because you are and always have been something different doll." He is inches away from me now. Something ignites in my stomach but again I am terrified. He is so dangerously beautiful it truly scares me.

"You and I can take over this world... together." He says centimeters from my face. My breathing becomes staggered as he puts his lips again on mine. I can't help but to kiss back. He licks my lips asking for entrance but I deny. He bites down on my lower lip and I gasp not expecting that. He takes it as an opportunity and explores my mouth. He presses his body against mine. The heat of him radiates onto me as I grind my hips against him. I can feel he is already extremely hard. He lets out a groan and I feel my knees weakening. He then pulls away and backs off. All contact is gone as I let out a sigh. I'm not sure if it was a sigh of relief or a sigh of disappointment.

"Come by again sometime." he says as I stare at him confused. What kind of game is he playing.

"What?" I ask.

"I've got a meeting to be at in 15 minutes. But, we should continue this tonight. If you're not still pissed off." He says smirking. I'm kind of dazed but nod my head.

"Good girl." He says turning to retreat to his room. I stand for a moment before opening the door. I step out and shut the door and hear someone clear their throat. I turn around instinctively.

"Oh. Uh. Hi Frankie." I say sheepishly

"So uh. What was going on in there?" She smiles knowingly.

"N-nothing." I lie.

"Oh well I noticed you weren't in your bed this morning. I asked around and Amber said Negan showed up at the door looking for you. She said you never came back. Care to explain?" Frankie asks with a smirk.

I let out a huff.

"It's not what you think." I mutter and she gives me a 'really?' kind of look. I drag her by the wrist down the hall to our room.

What is going on with me? I can't believe I let him kiss me again. I can't believe I slept in a bed with him last night.