Chapter 14

Negan has been gone for about an hour now and I feel increasingly more sick. I wonder if it's my nerves for what he's going to do to me when he gets back. But I haven't really been feeling good on and off for the past couple of days. I didn't think much of it, thought it was just a cold. But now, I am realizing this is something worse than your typical common cold.

I feel feverish and have the chills. I sit on the floor because the dizziness is so overwhelming. I need to get to the doctor but I remember Negan locked the door. An idea comes to mind, I see a walkie-talkie placed on his dresser. I gingerly pick it up and press a bunch of buttons until I hear static.

"Hello?" I ask into the radio but no response. I keep turning knobs and pressing buttons until I hear someone talking.

"Trucks are coming around now." A voice says.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Who the hell is this?" A voice I don't recognize asks.

"I- I need to speak to Negan." I say nervously

There is a brief pause before the sound of shuffling is heard.

"Who the fuck is on my radio?" Negan asks harshly.

"Negan." I say in a broken voice. He's already pissed.

"Brooke? What the fuck did I say about touching my shit? Can't you tell I'm busy? You better be fucking dying to be interrupting me." He speaks quickly

"Negan I need to go to the infirmity."

"What- why- I swear to God Brooke I don't have time for these games. Stop touching my shit."

"Negan I'm serious, I feel really sick."

There's silence

"Were you bit?" He asks

"No."

More silence

"Tell me you're not pregnant."

"No Negan, I'm not pregnant." I say rolling my eyes.

"I'll send Simon or Dwight up. Don't fuck around Brooke. You're in deep shit to begin with."

"Thank you." I say weakly before putting the radio back. About fifteen minutes later I hear the door open and Simon's head pokes in.

"Brooke." He calls walking in the room. He sees me sitting on the floor.

"Shit, you don't look too good kiddo." He says.

"No shit." I murmur standing to my feet nearly face planting. Simon grabs one of my arms to steady me.

"Were you bit?" He asks.

"No." I assure him as we leave Negan's room.

I have the same symptoms as Maggie did the day of the lineup.

We make our way down the hall.

"I was nervous it was a trick. Considering what you pulled earlier."

"Yeah, Yeah." I say as we walk down the stairs. I have to go super slow because I can barely stand at this point.

"Well I'll make sure to mention you're not faking to Negan. I mean unless you were an award winning actress before all this." He smirks.

We walk into the small doctors room and Simon sits me down. It's a gloomy room with one window. There's about three stretchers next to each other and a few chairs. There is a small office in the back. Simon sits me down in a chair and goes to knock on the back office door. Moments later a man emerges, he's an older gentleman I'd estimate about 60 with sandy colored hair and stubbly facial hair. He has welcoming blue eyes. He introduces himself as "Doctor Carson"

"what do we have going on here?" He asks kneeling in front of me. I've never felt so cold yet so hot in my life. I'm covered in sweat but am shaking uncontrollably. Before I can even respond I sink in the chair woozily.

Carson grabs a thermometer and places it in my mouth. "103.5 degrees Fahrenheit" He says
(39.7 degrees C)

"Jeez she's burning up." Simon says as they move me into a bed. "Think it's serious Doc? This is one of Negan's wives so he expects the best of care for her." He explains causing the doctor to tense.

"Too soon to tell exactly what it is. Could be a flu, an infection, sepsis. I need to run some tests but it's difficult with limited supplies. Tell Negan I'm going to do the absolute best for her but this isn't something to be taken lightly." He explains throwing a blanket over my body. My mind begins to race.

What if there was walker blood on the barbed wire I nicked my skin on earlier.

What if i have the infection that causes you to turn.

My heart begins to speed up and I feel horrible. Simon and the doctor are exchanging a few words in private.

"I'm going to tell Negan what's happening." Simon says realizing I'm getting worse. He radios for Negan.

"Negan, this is Simon over." He radios

There's a few moments of silence before.

"Her story check out or was it another one of her fucking schemes?" He asks.

"Oh she's sick Negan that's for sure. Over hundred degree fever. She's not looking to good." He pauses before walking away for privacy. I hear him mention something about worsening and not making it. A few minutes later Negan bursts through the door.

"What the fuck is happening to her Carson." He asks concerned and frustrated. He looks at my condition and pauses.

"Christ Rookie, what the hell happened to you. I was only gone for an hour or two." He says sitting beside me.

"I wouldn't get too close. I'm not sure if she's contagious or not" Carson says as he takes a blood sample from me. I feel sick to my stomach and just want to sleep.

I begin to feel dizzy and my vision keeps getting blurry. I open my mouth to speak but I can't form any words. Before I know it I erupt into a fit of shaking before blacking out.

"SHIT CARSON FUCKING DO SOMETHING!" I hear Negan yell. I feel something being injected into my arm which makes me feel comfortable as I drift off to sleep.