Chapter 1

Waverly grabbed the jar of flour and rushed back to her station. The kitchen was behind on bread count for the evening so she was trying her hardest to get caught back up. If she didn't she knew Chef would make her stay late alone again. She was always making some mistake ending with her cleaning up after everyone else late in to the nights. With Waverly's pack, Silver Creek, holding the next Moon festival all the other packs higher ranks are attending. She'd be cleaning until late morning if she was stuck cleaning by herself tonight.

"Waverly!" Chef shouted. "Dinner rolls better be ready to go in 10."

"Yes Chef!"

She rolls out the last few and pops one last sheet of rolls into the oven.

"Waverly?"

"Two minutes left on the last tray Chef."

"Set up the last few trays, then suit up before bringing a fresh tray of rolls to table 2."

"Yes Chef."

Taking the last tray out Waverly gave it a moment to cool while sorting the cooler trays. Once she'd finished she stepped off to change. Peeling off her flour covered apron, Waverly straightened her black bowtie and made sure her white collared shirt was tucked in the back. Looking in the mirror she tried to shake off the few nerves that had washed over her at the thought of serving one of the head tables. The head tables always seated the highest rankings. In this case, she would most likely be serving one of the stronger pack Alphas. They wont even notice you. Waverly reassured herself while grabbing one of the trays she had just prepared and rushed out to the floor to table two.

Dexter
I hated going to these events. Waste of time in my opinion. I looked over at Leo who had his arm around a skinny blonde. Leo always charmed some bimbo back to his bed every Moon party. I couldn't help but shake my head. My lead warrior, Flynn, made a joke about why Betas have trouble keeping it in their pants that made me chuckle. Suddenly a scent hit me. Luna. My wolf announced. What is that scent? Honeysuckle and - and lavender?

A server approached our table and wolf was screaming at me now. MATE. But how? I had all but accepted the fact that I would never find mine. Most find their mates during their first shifting or shortly after. Being 23 now I'd pretty much given up searching. Mate. Wolf shouted again. The woman walking towards me had the most beautiful auburn hair with bright blue eyes that reminded me of the sea. With her hair in a bun it was easy to see the spot on her neck where my mark would claim. Wolf almost lost it.

Waverly
"So sorry about the wait." I set the tray down at table two. One of the men thanked me while the other just stared. Odd. I thought to myself. I turned to walk back to the kitchen when someone grabbed my arm. I turned back to see that the man who had been staring was now standing. Rather closely I might add.

"I've been waiting 5 years." He stated with a cheeky grin.

"I'm sorry?" I questioned.

"Don't you feel it?" He asked, brushing his hand down my arm to take hold of mine. Leaving my skin tingling from his touch. But that could only mean.. "The Moon Goddess has finally brought us together." He uttered. His amber eyes are on fire.

"I'm sorry sir, you must be mistaken. The Moon Goddess doesn't waste her time on those like me." I pulled away and rushed back for the kitchen.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Thanks for taking the time to read my story! Please keep in mind I am an amateur. Spelling mistakes will happen.
Also this is my first werewolf story.
My inspiration lightly comes from the TV show Bitten, what I've researched online regarding wolves and werewolf lore and a few stories I have read within Wattpad.
If you can handle reading past the imperfections that will undoubtedly happen, please, stay with me and continue reading!
Again, thanks for checking out my story!