Chapter 7

Dexter
*whimpers* Somethings wrong.. Hurry...
I find that my wolf form has another gear as I run with all I have following the path of her scent. Honeysuckle and lavender fills my nostrils. But then.. Blood. Coming upon Grey Lagoon I can see a body lying near the water. I shift and rush to her side. She's pale and there's blood all over her clothes.

"Waverly!" Hitting my knees I put her head in my lap. The other 5 in our group still in wolf form. "What the hell happened."

She struggles to open her beautiful blue eyes. She whispers, "He-he stabbed me." She coughs and a trickle of blood hits her lips. "He said Gideon is coming for you."

"Shhhhh." I shush her squeezing her tight as I kiss her forehead. Looking up to Flynne, the dark wolf in front of me, "Find him." I order. "Lila, help me get her home."

Flynne's wolf, Ragnar, nods before sniffing around a bit. He gives a snarl meaning he's caught a scent, and he runs off over the ridge. I motion to the other 3 to follow him. Lila has shifted and I can see the worry on her face.

"Help me get her on my back." I shift back to my wolf form and Lila helps position her centered on my back.

"You're going to be okay Waves." Waverly moans. "Dex, she's unconscious." Lila announces anxiously.

"We need to get back." I say as I race for home.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The run home feels much further than 5 miles. I can feel Waverly's blood trickling down my back. Dread washes over me. Finally I see home in sight. As a approach the yard I see Lila already standing with our pack medic and a couple of his assistants. Being smaller and not carrying another person, Lila was able to reach home before us. Just before reaching them I shift back to human form and carry Waverly the rest of the way in my arms.

"Bring her inside." Our medic, Taylor, utters with a concered tone. We rush her to the Medics Office. And I lay her on the table. He looks over her. "Hand me the scissors." He orders one of his assistants.

He unzips her sweater, then takes the scissors to cut her under shirt, revealing the deep cut in her abdomen. A whimper escapes me. Without looking up the medic informs me, "She's lost alot of blood. I'm confused as to why her body isn't healing.."

"She's a kitten shifter." I reply.

Taylor looks up at me with a shocked expression. "That explains it then. I can stitch her, but with the amount of blood loss she's shown, she needs blood and.."

"Give her mine."

"Dexter I can't just give her yours. We don't know her bloodtype."

"Will she survive a helicopter ride to the nearest hospital?" He looks down and I know his answer is no. "Give her mine."

"But your blood could ki-"

"GIVE HER MINE." My Alpha voice booms.

"Yes Alpha." Taylor motions his assistants to grab the supplies for a transfusion. They get everything together and place a narrow tube in her arm before doing the same to me. I watch the dark red liquid leaving my arm through the tube. It travels down the tube and reaches her.

The Medic stitches her wound and after a few minutes I ask, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Fortunately your Alpha blood regenerates pretty quickly so you'll handle this procedure very well. The worry is how her body will handle it.."

A few more minutes pass. I can see the color coming back to her face. Then suddenly her body starts twitching. The medics expression changes from hopeful to unease. "Disconnect them." He orders his assistants as he starts to disconnect the tube from Waverly. One of the assistants disconnects the tube from my arm and starts to bandage me just as Waverly's body starts to convulse.

"What's happening to her?" I yelp.

"Step outside Dexter." The medic orders and the other assistant ushers me out the door. I see Taylor sticking a syringe into her neck just as the door shuts in my face.

Thanks so much for reading! I apologize for taking so long to update. Life has been so busy for me! I recently had my second child in June so my family has been my main focus these past few months. Really hoping to get things moving with this story finally! Please let me know what you think with a vote or a comment. <3
XOXO