Chapter 11

Waverly

The man and his little group take me back to a warehouse that isn't too far away from where we were. They take me inside and I realize that Dex and a small group would be severely outnumbered. There's close to a dozen others inside.

"What've you brought us Ozzy?" A short man from the warehouse asks.

"Just a little Kitten to play with." He looks over at me with that same maniacal smile. "Where's Gideon?"

"In his office." The short man answers giving me a look that makes me shiver.

"Fetch him."

A few moments later an older looking, tall, slender man emerges. He has dark hair with a touch of grey. Looking me up and down. "What is this?" He questions Ozzy.

"Alpha Dexter's little Kitten." Ozzy answers pawing at my arm. I quickly pull away.

"What a surprise." A man with a familiar face steps out from the back. "I figured you'd have bled out by that lagoon I'd left you at."

Anger fills me. "9 lives." I retort back. The room snickers at my remark.

"Why did you bring her here?" Gideon asks.

"She seemed certain her Alpha would come save her."

"And you believed her?" Gideon takes a few steps towards me. He walks around me, inspecting the new hostage before him. "She reeks of him so she must be of some importants to him." He lifts my hair by my neck. "No marks. A toy for his pleasure perhaps?"

"I'm of little importance to him in that..department. But Alpha cares for all within his pack. No matter their strength."

Gideon chuckles, leaning in. "Then explain his stench."

"He-I.." Careful. A voice warns.

"As I thought." Gideon continues to chuckle.

"I gave him 24 hours to reclaim his Kitten or we end her." Ozzy informs. "But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy her in the meantime." Sounds of excitement erupt around the room.

Question the leader. "So what are you exactly Gideon?" I hiss. "I mean you don't exactly scream Alpha material." I wave my hand at his stature. The room quiets at my questioning and Gideon is doing his best to contain his twitching lip.

"I'm the one willing to do what our young Alpha isn't."

"And that is?" I taunt.

"Ridding this world of your third-rate Alpha." He spits out. "Putting Bloodrose one rank below Royals. Back where it belongs."

I can feel my anger level rising. Dex is anything but third-rate. Of all the men I've ever met. He is by far the most kind hearted. He gives everything he has taking care of his pack. If I'd only listened to him from the beginning this wouldn't be happening.. A good member of the pack obeys their Alpha. He's been putting in so much extra effort for me, I'm not being fair to him.

"So that's your plan. Lure him here with me and do what? You think he got where he is today because he's easy to kill?" I scoff.

I slight smile crosses Gideon's face before he turns and walks to a stack of boxes on the wall. He opens one and pulls out a small piece of silver. "Do you know what this is Kitten?" He asks flashing the silver piece at me. "Just one of these in your precious Alpha and his life is mine for the taking."

Fear fills my stomach. What have I done.
A strange feeling starts to wash over me.

"Why don't you boys enjoy her Ozzy. Before we discard her like the trash she is." Gideon turns, retreating to the back room.