Chapter 4

Waverly
I pull myself together the best I can. Wiping the tears away I try my best to clear my thoughts. After awhile the tall blonde guy driving me only god knows where finally breaks the silence.

"My names Leo." He says with a smile.

I try my best to muster one back.

"If you feel up to talking, I could try to help ease some of your worries? We do still have a bit of a trip ahead of us."

I just look down at my hands in my lap.

"Could I at least know your name?"

"How much longer until we reach our destination?" I ask.

"Crimson Fang head pack house is a few more hours drive and just over an hour heli ride."

Holy shit. The realization that I am being taken to one of the most lethal packs around finally hits me.

"Dex will be waiting for us at the pack house."

"Oh, wow." I stammer. "Can you-um-tell me about him?" I ask.

"Dex? He's one of the greatest guys I know." Leo answers matter of factly. "I've never seen him crazy for a girl before." He looks over at me with a cheeky grin.

I can feel myself blushing.

"Give him a chance, I promise you wont regret it."

The car grows quiet for a few minutes before Leo finally turns the radio on.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Our car ride brings us through a large city I don't recognize. Passing strip malls and buildings that only seem to be getting taller as we continue. Leo finally parks us at the entrance of one of the tall buildings.

"We're here." Leo states. Before I can reply he steps out of the car, tosses the keys to one of the men waiting at the buildings entrance and moves to open my door for me. He puts his hand out for me. "Are you ready?" He smiles.

I take his hand and step out of the car. The building is so shiny I can see my reflection well. Pausing to look at the girl staring back at me. What will become of you? I wonder. I feel Leo's hand on the arch of my back as he motions me into the building.

"Welcome back Beta Falcon." A woman at the desk smiles as we enter.

Leo smiles back and gives her a nod as he ushers me into an open elevator. He presses the rooftop button and we start our climb.

"Falcon?" I ask.

"My wolf name."

I watch the numbers rise as our elevator climbs. After what feels like hours, the elevator finally dings and the doors open wide revealing the rooftop helipad. We step out onto the pad where there's a black helicopter with a red stripe waiting for us. Standing beside it is a man who I can only guess to be the pilot.

Our pilot walks me through basic flight procedures before he has me settle in a seat in the back. Making sure I'm buckled in properly. He took his seat in the front before Leo joins us. Leo double checks my seatbelt before taking the remaining seat in front.

We take off and all I can think about is how surreal this all feels. I've never been doted on before but this felt pretty extreme. I watch the landing pad disappear from sight. Slowly our scenery changes from rooftops to tree tops. I watch as the forest grows thicker not fully capable of understanding how truly vast it is.

"Not much further Wavery." Leo announces to me through the headset I had been given.

Upon hearing those words I could feel my heart start beating faster and I suddenly was finding it difficult to breath. Leo gives me a thumbs up trying to reassure me, but it doesn't help. I'm panicking. Just as I feel I might pass out. Breath. A voice in my head states. I take a deep breath. Wait. But, was that? No, of course not.

Dexter

I should have gone to head quarters to meet her. But with my packs status I was honestly a little worried about her going through head quarters to begin with. Never know who might be watching.. I thought to myself while impatiently waiting for her helicopter to arrive. I feel my anticipation rise as I hear a heli approaching.

"Calm down Dex. You've been pacing for the last half hour." Flynn pointed out.

"They're late."

"But here they are."

Their heli finally comes into sight and I can feel wolf jumping for joy. Leo waves as they come in for landing. As soon as the heli touches the ground I feel myself rushing to the door.

Leo opens the door just as I reach it. "How is it going Dex?" Leo smiles.

"You're late."

Leo checks his watch. "Only by 20 minutes."

I look past him to the beautiful woman seated behind him. She's fiddling with her seatbelt buckle. Mine. Trying my best to keep wolf in check I step in to help.

"May I?" She nods and I help her unbuckle her belt and take off her headset.

"Thank you." She looks up at me with those big blue eyes and suddenly I'm washed out to sea.

It takes me a moment to find my voice again. "May I show you to your room?" She takes my hand and I feel the sparks fly. It takes all my strength not to let wolf jump her right here and now. We step out of the helicopter together and I lead her towards our pack house.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Thanks for reading! I apologize for not updating sooner. Life has been really busy for me lately but now that things are finally starting to smooth back out I promise to be more active here. I'm going to try to get at least one chapter out each week! I already have this story played out in my mind and things are going to be speeding up soon so stick with me! I'm so thankful for your views and likes and truly appreciate your comments so keep them coming.
Xoxo