Chapter 5

Waverly
I took his hand and he led me inside. It was a large building with a brick style exterior. It resembled more of a castle than a mansion.

"Welcome to Crimson Fangs packhouse." Dex smiles at me.

Stepping through the large front doors reveals a grand entry with marble floors. A staircase on each side meets up on the next floor beneath a large crystal chandelier.

"Extravagant." I reply.

Dex smiles as he leads me up the flight of steps, down a few hallways until we reach a dark red door.

"This is our room." He opens the door to a gigantic room with red and grey walls. A California king bed with all red bedding with a canopy on one side of the room and a ornate, velvet, red love seat with two matching chairs in front of a big flat screen above a fireplace on the other.

"Our?" I question.

"Yeah. Now that we've found eachother it's only right that we-"

"First of all, we just met. Yesterday. Second, you force me to join a new pack without even asking me and third, I dont think you even know my name. I know I didn't tell it to you."

"Well I-"

"And you think after all of that we're just going to hop into bed together? I think not."

"You know what? Why don't you take a moment to settle in. I'll go get your bags and bring you something to eat. I'm sure you're famished after your trip." Before giving me a chance to reply Dex closes the door behind him.

Thinking about what I said I feel a little bad. They've been nothing but nice to me here and it was a bit uncalled for me to yell at Dex like that. But this is alot for me to take in. I've been told most of my life that I'd never have a mate. Then all of the sudden Dex comes along claiming to be mine, whisks me off to a friggin castle and expects me to live in a room fit for a king? I know what you're thinking..things could be way worse. But coming from nothing like I have this all just seams to good to be true.

My curiosity gets the better of me and I find myself opening the French doors that lead to a balcony overlooking what I would guess to be their massive backyard. I can see a couple wolves in the treeline. How easy it must be for them. Knowing who they truly are and being able to fully own it. I take a seat on the Rattan sectional and just enjoy the mountain air. I honestly cant remember the last time I took a moment to myself like this.

When I finally step back inside I notice Dex must have been here. There's a tray of food set on the coffee table near the fireplace. Upon further inspection I find a small salad, what looks like steamed asparagus next to linguine with shrimp scampi paired with a white wine. How did he know seafood is my favorite? I can feel my stomach grumble. I think it's time to dig in.

Dexter
Did I make a mistake bringing her here? I didn't even think to ask her. She was just so unhappy at Silver Creek I couldn't wait to get her here. But I should have thought more about her feelings..

"Hey Dex, can I talk with you?" One of my scouts asks.

"Of course. Meet me in my office in 10."

I finish preparing the tray that I plan to bring up to my future Luna. I've prepared her one of my favorite dishes and paired it with one of our finest wines. I head back to our room to deliver it to her.  When I get there I find that she is out on the balcony. Instead of disturbing her I set the tray of food on the coffee table. She looks so peaceful there's no sence in bothering her. I make my way to my office to see what my scout has to say.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about Lain?"

"While out on patrol this morning we caught the sent of Bloodrose near Gray Lagoon." Lain quickly replies.

I can feel the agitation rise in wolf. "That's just over 5 miles from here."

"Which is why I wanted to ask you how we should handle this. We followed the scent right to the border."

"Let's keep a close eye on it. In the mean time, try to keep all non fighters in the pack away from the west end of our territory."

"Yes Alpha."

"Thank you for bringing this to me Lain. That will be all."

I walk him out before stopping back at the kitchen for a quick snack before turning in for the night. I have a turkey on Rye, then grab a couple water bottles to bring up to our room for the night. When I get there I find my Luna sleeping on the couch. The tray I brought up for her is now empty. God she's beautiful. I cant have my Luna sleeping on a couch though. As I pick her up she turns her head and nestles it into my chest. It is so hard to set her down, but I tuck her into our bed anyways. I place one of the water bottles on the nightstand next to her and take her place on the couch for the night.

Thanks for reading my story! What do you think going to happen next? Will Waverly accept the fact that she's truly found her soulmate? Is this all we will hear of bloodrose? Will Dexter ever find out the name of his "future" Luna? Find out in the next chapter of The Alphas Kitten.
XOXO