20

Harry isn't good at sorting out his feelings. His mind is constantly on edge. He isn't sure what to do about Louis. He would never admit it to anyone, especially Zayn, but he's finding himself regretting ever getting involved with Louis romantically. He hadn't meant to, but it was like he couldn't keep himself away from Louis.

Right now he's at his house, lounging in the living-room. It's a school day, but also a sick day for Harry. He had spent the morning sick to his stomach. He's had this bug for about a week now. It was a huge weight on him. He felt he had enough as it was.

"Do you want me to make you some soup?" He looks up, seeing his mother gazing at him worriedly. Even she had begun to feel uneasy about him being so sickly.

"No." Harry says, cold tone. He finds it amusing that his mother wants to fill in as the Mum role. She never takes care of the two. All she does is sit around and live off their late father's life insurance.

Anne only nods and leaves the room, coming back with a sprite in her hand for him, a small smile on her face, "When you were a little boy, you would fake being sick so I would give you some of this, you know?"

Harry looks at her and sits up, taking the soda from her and opening it, taking a sip, "Don't you have things to be doing?"

"No." She shakes her head, "Especially not when your so sick, you can't take care of yourself."

"Thats funny of you to say." Harry laughs coldly, "Seems I've always had to take care of myself, I won't quit now."

"Harry, stop being so prideful-"

"Prideful? Are you serious?" He asks, disbelief on his face as he shakes his head, "You know what? I'm not arguing with you today, You'll never see your wrongs and I won't keep trying to show them to you."

Anne looks down at her hands and sighs, "I wanted to tell you, I'm going to get help."

When Harry doesn't say anything, she continues, "I'm going to actually check myself into a rehab center, that means I'll be gone- I'm not very sure how long, It just depends on the plan they give me."

Harry looks at her with unsure eyes. He doesn't want to get his hopes up. She's told him many, many times that shes going to get better, but it isn't until now that she's ever wanted to check herself into a rehab center. That itself shows a lot of promise to Harry, but he can't be too hopeful.

"Why all of the sudden?" He asks, it isn't harsh, just a genuine curious statement.

She takes a deep breath and looks Harry in his eyes, smiling a little, "Well, I'm pregnant."

Harry's eyes widen and his mouth falls open in disbelief, "What?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows, "Are you serious?"

"Yes- Yeah, I- It's Robin's, you remember him, don't you?" She asks, smiling softly at Harry.

Harry scoffs, "My old baseball coach?" He says, "What the fuck." He mutters.

It's quiet for a moment. Harry is trying to process this. He's happy that she's getting help, but he's afraid after the baby is born she will just relapse, because if a child was enough for her to stop then she would've stoped after He was born, or after Gemma was born.

"Will you stay sober? After the baby is born." Harry asks, looking at his mother with a stern look, "Or will I have to take care of them like I have to take care of Gemma?"

Anne shakes her head, "No, I promise, I'm going to stay sober, I should've done it years ago."

Harry asks her more questions and she answers them. During this time they bond a little, he hasn't had any remotely good moments with his mother since he was a child.

He just hopes it's real this time.

-

"Gemma." Louis says, their sitting together alone at lunch today. Niall is gone at a meeting for one of the many clubs he's in.

"Yeah, Lou?" Gemma asks, looking up from her book and looking expectingly at her.

Louis looks away and bites his lip, "I have to tell you something." He says, he wants to tell her about James. He's become a little uneasy about the situation. He trusts James, a lot, but he's worried about him. He doesn't know if he's being stupid.

"What is it- Oh, Hey Liz." Elizabeth walks up to the table and smiles at the both of them, a little long at Gemma though. Louis immediately catches some kind of unsaid business between them.

Louis looks away as they speak to each other, until Gemma speaks up again, "What was it, Lou?"

"Uh, nothing, nevermind." He says shortly, waving it off.

"Seriously?" Liz perks up, looking at him, "How long are you going to punish me for your dad, Louis? I didn't ask him to pack his shit and move- I'm sick of you acting like it."

Louis furrows his eyebrows at Liz's sudden outburst and shakes his head, "No-No, thats not it- I swear, It's just embarrassing, I probably wouldn't even have told Gem, if you hadn't walked over her."

Liz blushes and looks apologetic, "Oh, I'm sorry, Lou- Um, What was it?"

Louis doesn't want to tell them anymore, he's not really sure why he wanted to open up about it in the first place, "I have a crush on Harry." He blurts.

Gemma raises her eyebrows and Liz laughs, "Is that all?"

Louis shrugs, "Uh, yeah?"

"We know- Everyone knows." Gemma comments, a smile on her face, "I think he likes you too."

"You think?"

-

James: Hey Lou

Louis: Hi jamessss.

Louis: hows ur mom?

James: Shes doing a little better, they had to do a new treatment, put me in some debt, but not much!:)

Louis: Oh, how much?

James: Just like 100

James: I just need to pick up a new job

Harry walks away from his phone and leaves it in the living-room while he uses the rest room. He knows he needs to stop doing this, especially if he's deciding to start things between them, as Harry. Himself.

Louis: I can put some in your paypal, James. You need to focus on taking care of your mom, yeah?

Harry comes back into the living-room and he swear he feels his heart drop out of his ass when he sees Gemma on his phone, staring at it with a blank stare as he scrolls through what Harry knows are his messages with Louis.

Gemma looks up at Harry with watery eyes, shaking her head, "Harry." She mutters, "Harry- Why? What the fuck!" She starts yelling, his eyes are wide. She's the angriest Harry has ever seen her.

"Gemma- Listen- Please don't tell him." He begs, walking up to her, "I'm going to give him the money back- I promise, I really like him, he-"

"Harry these messages are from five fucking minutes ago!" She screams, "I-" She calms down and looks away, "I have to tell him."

"No- Gemma, you don't." He says, shaking his head.

"Harry, I have to, I'm sorry-"

"If you tell him I will tell the entire fucking grade you're a lesbian." He snaps, "And that you fucked that Liz girl."

Gemma looks at Harry and frowns, "Harry, you wouldn't do that, you wouldn't."

Harry walks towards her and grabs his phone, "I wouldn't be so sure about that." He hisses, "Keep quiet, Gem, Okay? I'll fix this my own way."

"Um, Okay." She says, she has tears brimming her eyes and Harry is disgusted with himself even more.