Chapter 1

I'm fat. I'm boring. I'm ugly.

My looks, personality and self-esteem are all what makes me so insecure about myself. I have nothing in me that's so special. So why does he keep talking to me?

"Izumi!" He shouted while waving his hand from a distance. He smiled and started to walk to me.

"Go...away," I whispered coldly. I grunted silently and turned away, pretending not to notice him.

"Hey what's up?" He said while he tapped my shoulder repeatedly, it started aching.

"Nothing just...go." I sighed. "And can you stop bothering me? It's annoying." I crossed my arms and patiently waited for the bell to ring, hoping that time would go quicker so I could avoid him.

We were outside in a line, waiting to go to our first lesson. It was quite windy, but I didn't mind. It was better than staying outside in the heat and dying. The wind blew and leaves started to fall.

"Hey, Izumi, why don't you like me?" He asked as he stroked my hair.

I turned around to see his annoying, disturbing face.

"Jayden, stop!" I yelled.

Jayden Myers.

Known for his sportiness and his rich parents. With his looks and personality, no one could possibly hate him. His parents owned multiple leisure centers for business, which is probably the reason why he is the top student for PE. I often see him go to different sports clubs just before I leave school. Usually, he has a swimming club on Mondays and Wednesdays. On Tuesdays, he would hit the gym or sometimes attend basketball, whereas on Thursdays and Fridays he would attend football practice.

Some guys envied him, but in the end, they all just wanted to be friends with him. Girls would go crazy just to have a conversation with him. They would even fight on who would be joining the cheerleading squad and soon enough, they took turns, dancing on each day. They would go all this trouble just to see him play. But I, on the other hand, wouldn't.

"Why can't you leave me alone?" I said in a high  pitch voice. "Girls hate me because of you, it's so unfair." He laughed and grinned.

"You should consider yourself lucky babe. I rarely talk to girls who are obsessed with me." He smiled proudly to himself and brushed his golden hair to the side. I hate that stupid jerk.

"I am not obsessed with you," I reassured. He looked at me with suprise.

"Every girl is obssessd with me." He replied.

Yeah, I don't understand him at all. What do these people see in him? Why is he talking to me then if he's so popular? I just really want to get on with my life. I can't be bothered with him.

"You have a big ego you know that." I retorted back.

"And you are too smart."

"No, I'm not smart."

"Too smart to have any fun in life."

"I'd rather study than go to parties like you do."

"And hide your cute face away from everyone else?" He smirked.

Ugh.

"Are you blind? Does it look like I have a cute face to you?" He looked at me awkwardly, scratching his neck.

As you can see, i can't take a simple compliment. Yes, I'm a very negative person. Yes, I can be a pain and complain about me almost all the time. Especially my looks. I hate my body, my weight, my nose, arms and legs my everything. Do you see what I mean now? I don't love myself. In fact, I hate myself. Unlike Jayden, my self-esteem is literally nonexistent. My studies, they're like a distraction to me, to get away from dealing with my pessimistic self. Call me smart, call me bright, call me brainy and I still wouldn't believe you.

I mean, how can I trust you and your words if I can't trust me and myself?

I turned to not face him. "You see, I'm ugly. I know you're lying, I don't even know why you are. So for the last time, just please, leave me alone."

With that being said, not a single word came out of his mouth.