Chapter 13

I didn't expect this to happen at all. How am I and Tristan spying on Jayden and Maya?

Come to think of it, he couldn't stop talking about Maya. He asked me weird questions like "What's her favourite food?" and "How long has she been liking Tristan?" While we talked about her, we saw them walking out of the arcade and he decided that we should spy on them. I didn't want to be rude and decline him.

But it was getting too obvious to the point where I knew. He liked her. I could tell from how eager is golden light brown eyes were whenever he saw her. He would bite his lips when she would smile and look away when she laughed. It was too obvious that he liked her. My heart stopped and my hands started getting cold. I'm so stupid for ever liking him. I knew he was using me to make Jayden jealous yet I didn't care. Even Jayden warned me. I'm such a hopeless brat.

My tummy rumbled and it alarmed both me and Tristan. "Oh sorry..." I said.

"Are you hungry? Want to get something to eat?" He asked. I looked at him, still watching Maya.

"I just need to go to the bathroom." I stood up. "Girl stuff."

"Oh, well ok. Want me to-"

"No, no thanks, I can go on my own. I'll be back." I ran searching for the nearest toilets. I walked into one of the fast food restaurants hoping there would be one. The toilets were full of people queuing and I was too impatient to wait so I sat down on my own. I looked around watching people eat with smiles on their faces. There was one couple that caught my eye. They were feeding each other and taking pictures. It was sweet but corny.

My tummy rumbled more. I was hungry, but I didn't want to eat. In fact, I was starving, but I lost my appetite. I sighed and walked out of the restaurant. It started to rain, and I didn't bring a coat or an umbrella. Just great. Just what I needed. I crossed my arms and ran for shelter. But I couldn't find any roofs and so I sat on a nearby bench. Rain started pouring, and the wind blew so coldly. I shivered as thunderstorms and lightning came. The clouds surrounded the sun, covering its warm rays upon my skin. I could feel the raindrops trickle and slither down my back. My hair as wet as a damp mop.

I didn't know what I was doing. I sat there, waiting for something, waiting for someone to save me. I didn't have the motivation to get up and go home. I got out my phone, hoping it hasn't drowned from the rain. I tried calling Maya but she didn't pick up. I tried calling Tristan, but it seemed like his phone was busy too. After a few moments of debating whether to call Jayden or not, I took the chance and called him as well.

"Izumi? Where the hell are you? Are you outside? It's raining like-!"

"J-Jayden..." I stuttered.

"Is Tristan and Maya there? I think they've both ran off without me." He sighed. "That bastard Tristan."

"P-park..." I managed to say. "I-i'm at the park...hurry."

"Why are you- don't move, I'm coming." He ended the call.

Stupid Jayden. Why does he care about me so much? I'm nothing but trouble. I'm a burden to everyone. It was getting colder, and I couldn't breathe properly. I lay down on the bench, still waiting. Maybe I should just die, maybe I should just end this suffering once and for all. Maybe I should just give up on everything and let this be my last time here on earth. I wanted to die so desperately, I didn't bother to find a warm place to stay while in the rain. Maybe Jayden forgot about me. Oh well, it didn't matter. It would mean that I could finally rest in peace.

As my thoughts drifted away, I felt warm hands touching my numb skin. Everything sounded blurry, and I couldn't open my eyes. After that, I didn't feel anything. No sound or noise was made.

Am I in heaven?