Chapter 6

"Izumi you're late." Said the teacher, still writing on the board. "Aren't you going to tell me why you are late?"

I held my breath. "I-it was traffic." I lied.

"Nonsense. I know exactly why you're late." He implied. "You overslept. I can tell from your eyes." He looked around the room and at the students who were gawking at me. I turned crimson red, and stood there still, like a complete idiot.

"I-i...um..."

"Students, get back to work. Izumi, get out." I awkwardly walked over to the door and waited for him. This is it. I'm getting detention. This can't get any worse. I squeezed my plumpy hands tight and waited patiently. After a good ten minutes of remaining outside of class, my teacher abruptly opened the door and crossed his arms, looking at me carefully. I didn't dare to look up and just stared at the ground, hoping the time flies by.

"What I can also say about your eyes is that you have been crying for a long period of time," He finally said. "And it looks to me that you cried yesterday night." He slightly bent his knees so that he could see my face. "You're a good student Izumi. In fact, you're one of the best good students in this entire school. Your family should be very proud of you."

Oh no. This is not good. I could feel my tears starting to appear from my face. "N-not true..." I mumbled.

"It is true! Now, look, if you could just stop being late to school and-"

"You don't understand!" I shouted back. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I ran to the toilets, blocking all the noise that was surrounding me. I covered my eyes. I can't do this. I can't, take me back home! Then, I paused. No, I don't want to go back home. I don't want to be here either. Where do I go? I started to run again, covering my face and hiding it against the world. I started crying loudly as I got outside to the playground when I suddenly bumped into someone. I took my hands off my face to only see the last person I wanted to see in my state.

He turned around.

"Izumi? Are you okay?" Tristan asked worriedly. "Wait, what happened?"

"I-i'm..."

"She's fine." Replied Jayden from behind my back. "Nothing happened." He took my arm and dragged me to follow him.

"H-hey..." I stuttered.

"I don't think she likes you doing that to her," Tristan called out as he took my other arm gently. My heart started to beat. What is this scenario right now? Two guys grabbing both my arms? I never saw that coming.

"Let go of her." Jayden said in a low voice. I've never seen him this serious before. He would normally act childish and frivolous around me. His eyebrows furrowed at Tristan, and his eyes darkened like coal. This side of him agitated me. It was so new to me. I just stood there, staring at him in disbelief. Tristan seemed to notice how surprised I was and decided to let go of my arm.

"I'll let go of her this time," he assured, "but next time I won't back down so easily." With that being said, Jayden tugged me to go. As I followed him, I turned around to see Tristan once more, but he was nowhere to be found.

It was like he disappeared out of thin air. So magical and mysterious.