Chapter 15

"Welcome aboard and thank you for using Tokaido Main line."

I sat on a seat and paced my breathing. How lucky I was to catch the train on time? I looked at my phone to see if I was going the right way, and where I have to go next. I haven't taken the train for more than four years, and it was the first time I've rode on one on my own. I was freaking out.

It was a reckless decision. What if I get lost? What if something bad happens to me along the way? As you can tell, I'm quite an amateur of travelling to new places. I'm normally staying at home not caring about going out, which was probably one of the reasons why I'm fat. But something, or rather, someone, made me push to my limits and actually go somewhere. Someone made me realise how I didn't care how I looked like neither very bothered and insecure about. Someone made me realise, how there are such things as kind people in this world.

Now, I want to thank him. Thank him for bothering me, thank him for comforting me, thank him for understanding me. Questions such as "What did I do to deserve someone like him?" and "What if he had already gone to America?" tormented me through out the train journey. I clutched on to my phone nervously.

"Excuse me." A stranger next to me said. "Is this your first time taking the train?"

"H-how did you know?"

"Oh i just know dear." She laughed. "I could see it written all over your face. Tell me where you're heading to." She looked old but trustworthy. I wondered what an old person is doing on this train.

"I'm heading to Tokyo."

"Oh. What a coincidence! I'm going there as well so don't you worry about getting lost." I was relieved. My fast beating heart started to slow down. It was really nice of her to care about me. It was a nice feeling indeed.

"May I ask dear, why are you going to Tokyo?" I hesitated to answer. The reason was quite stupid and silly but I told her anyway.

"I'm chasing someone." I said. She chuckled.

"Ah teenage days. I miss those times where I could just run around and be free." She smiled sadly. "My grandson is about the same age as you. He used to live in Tokyo but his parents sent him to Osaka to study there by himself."

"Oh? Why?" I asked curiously.

"Let's just say, he got tired of being obedient to his parents and by that I mean his father." She sighed. "All he wanted was to be free and do the things he wanted to do. He would always call my number and complain how he wants to become an architect instead of a business owner of leisure companies."

"Wait what?" I said in suprise. "Leisure companies? Architect? Your grandson?" I was shocked. "I think I know who you're on about."

She looked at me astonished. "Are you...Izumi? Izumi Brown?"

"Yes! Your grandson is Jayden Myers right?"

"Well yes but-"

"He's leaving to go to America." I announced. "I've just been told that he is staying at his parents house. Maybe he's already packing up but I..." I paused feeling very nervous. "I don't want him to go." There was silence between me and Jaydens grandma. She didn't say anything or reacted in any other way. Instead, she looked like she was thinking of something to do.

"Alright. I'll call Jayden. My name is Eleanor by the way." She grinned softly. "I've heard lots about you." She winked and pulled out her phone.

"Grandma? Why are you calling me?"

"Come help your poor grandma carry these goodies Jay sweetie pie." She giggled.

"Grandma I told you not to call me that. And where-"

"I'll be arriving at Tokyo in thirty minutes, so come over here and help me out!" She ended the call and shook her head in disappointment. "I really wanted to suprise him. Oh well." She turned to look at me and smiled.

"Eleanor, what goodies? You don't have any bags with you. In fact why did you-"

"Oh hush darling im doing this for you." She interrupted. "I know Jaydens father all too well and I know how he doesn't like unexpected visitors. You won't have to worry about his parents sweetheart because you won't meet them. And anyway, I want you guys to talk privately." She winked at me again.

"Thanks Eleanor, but..." Before I could even finish my sentence, she waved her finger at me.

This was it. I'm going to see Jayden for maybe the last time. After that, he's going to America. I felt nervous and scared. What am I going to say to him? What am I going to do when he's gone? Who will I have now?

"We are slowly approaching our destination."

I'm so close yet so far. I breathed slowly to calm down, but I could feel my heart beat fast again. Calm down Izumi calm down! The train slowed down and sooner or later we arrived at Tokyo. Eleanor looked excited and started looking around for Jayden. It was so nerve-wracking, I almost peed my pants. I felt like I was in a new world having loads of people talking and rushing and running around. Everything was coming by so quick; the trains, people, time. I started to also look for Jayden, wondered if he ever came. Me and Eleanor roamed around the station.

"I'll head this way and you head that way. If you still don't see him, meet back at the middle." Eleanor commanded.

"Yes ma'am." I reassured her a smile but I was really dying inside. What if he really didn't come? Was coming here a waste of time after all? I walked towards the steps and just as I was about to climb up, I saw him.

He saw me. Then suddenly, our surroundings were a blur. Our eyes only fixed on one another, and our face looking straight at each other.

It felt like time really stopped and that everything slowed down. Just looking at him, standing there staring at me was enough to distract me from everything. Just him being there made me feel a whole lot of emotions and feelings. Just him being there made me forget what was happening all around me. I knew what I wanted to say. I knew how I felt about him. But I was afraid to tell him. Because I was scared to get rejected.

I broke our stare and looked away. He walked down the stairs and stood infront of me.

"Izumi." He said.

"Listen." I answered back. "I want you to listen to what I have to say." I looked down and blushed. "I don't want you to go. I don't want you to leave me. I want you to stay here and protect me. I..." I breathed in.

"I like me better when I'm with you."

He sighed but then chuckled. 

"You idiot." He said. "I'm not going to America."

I looked up at him and before I could react or say anything, he pulled me closer and gave me one last hug.

"I'll be staying here with you. Forever I hope."