Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of Jaydens snoring.

I was too unstable to get up so I just laid there, pretty much dead. He laid his head on the bed and was holding my hand. The light twitched and the bed squeaked as I attempted to turn around to the side. I saw syringes and medicines on the side table. Jayden woke up, his hair all frizzy and soaked. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Go back to sleep." He said. I squeezed his hand weakly.

"Thank you," I whispered. He smiled, still keeping his eyes closed, and he squeezed my hand back. I searched for my parents thinking they would be here. Not even my sister was here which didn't surprise me at all. I scoffed, upset that they didn't care about me. I looked out of the window beside me. It was night, which meant it was probably late around 12 midnight. My eyes slowly began to feel heavy and wry. I looked at Jayden one last time and fell asleep.

"Izumi!" A voice hissed. "Izumi Brown!"

"Doc, is she ok? What happened to her?" Another voice said.

"It's ok, she just have a fever. I'll give you guys some time to talk to her when she wakes up."

"Thanks." The voice paused. "I hope she's alright."

"She's ok." He said. "How about you, are you ok?"

"Well, I'm pretty tired coming all this way. If nothing severe happened to her then I guess I was worried for nothing last night."

"It's good Jayden came to get her. If he didn't come then I can guarantee you something severe would've happened." I opened my eyes wide to the sound of hearing Jayden's name.

"Yeah it's good he came."

"Do you still like him, Maya?" Tristan asked.

"What? No, I only like you." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "Get a room you two."

"Izumi!" Maya came hugging me tightly. "Are you hurt? How did you end up like this?"

"Oh so now you're concerned," I said. I tried to sit up and they both helped me by grabbing both of my arms. I shrugged of Tristan's support. My head felt light and I was a little dizzy. I held my head in pain. "Where's Jayden?" I asked.

"Let me get you a glass of water," said Izumi. She walked out of the room and Tristan came to sit beside me.

"He's at home with his parents. He said he's going back to America. It's a shame he's not here to see you fully awake." He said.

"Yeah it really is a shame," I said and looked at Tristan. "Because he's the only one that deserves to see me well." I got out of my bed and ran for the door.

"Wait! Where are you going? You should still rest."

"I'm going to find Jayden," I told him.

"Wait!" He shouted.

"Don't try and stop me, Tristan! I've had enough of you using me just to make Jayden jealous." I announce. He sighed showing that what I said was true.

"At least," he paused, "Let me help you get to him." Tristan showed me the address and how to get there. He said he would go find Maya since she might wonder why we've both left the hospital.

I followed the directions he gave me following every step on Google Maps. What was I thinking? Going to an unknown area, with the clothes I have on? His parents would get a very weird first impression of me. I sadly walked back to the hospital, hoping my old clothes were there.

I could hear fast footsteps coming. I looked up from my misery self and saw Maya, carrying a big long coat.

"Maya? What are you-"

"Izumi!" She panted. She gave me the furry coat. "Go get him Izu!" She smiled.

I waved back at her and wore the coat. This'll have to do. I ran to the train station and just in time, I hopped onto the train.

I'm coming, Jayden.