Chapter 12

We sat on the couch and talked about our life problems.

He talked about how he had to live up to everyone's expectations and try to be the best he could ever be. He felt pressured from his grandparents and other relatives, including his classmates and teachers from school. His parents even talked to him about arranged marriage for the financial security of other companies support.

"I think arranged marriage is stupid." He said. "It's all fake. Fake wife, more fake relatives, fake love." He smiled to himself. "I've never experienced real love."

I looked at him, not in sympathy, but in the fact that I related to him. I pat his shoulder awkwardly, not knowing what to do. We were quietly sitting down, both scared to move or do anything. God, I wish I was out of this situation quickly.

"A-ah, so..." I finally said, "Where will you be staying?"

"Over my friend's house."

"Where's that?" I asked.

"Just across the road somewhere." He shrugged. Wait, what? If he is staying at his friend's house just across the street, then what the hell is he doing here in my house? Why, was he even standing in front of my house? Why is he making me get worried for no apparent reason? Why do I ask so many questions?

"Unbelievable." I scowled. He chuckled.

"I was so close to sleeping over at your house, wasn't I? Damn it!"

"Get ooout!" I screamed and pushed him out of the house. "Don't ever come back to my house!" I paused. "Ever!"

I slammed the door and peeked behind the window to see his reaction. He was laughing so hard, it looked as if he was having a seizure. That annoying idiot. He got out his phone and walked across the street. I closed the curtains aggressively. I hate him so much!

"Agh curse you!" I stormed up the stairs and jumped into my bed. It didn't take me long until I fell deeply asleep.

Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Beep Beep.

I yawned. What day was it? Oh yeah, Saturday. I stayed in my bed longer.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

What now? I reached for my phone. Huh? Twelve missed calls from Maya. An incoming call came again for the thirteenth time.

"What is it, Maya? It's Saturday." I yawned again.

"Where the hell are you and Tristan? I'm here with Jayden and it's super awkward ugh save me!" She squealed.

Oh, shoot. I forgot. At 10:30 am I was supposed to meet them. I haven't even got out of bed yet.

"Um, Maya I kind of forgot about today. I'm still not out of bed." I confessed. "Where are you?"

"You said we were supposed to meet up at the park! How can you forget?" She said.

"Park?" I said. That's when I remembered my plan. "Oh yeah, I told Tristan to meet up somewhere else so you can be alone with Jayden." I sighed, "You're welcome."

"Hey now wait a min-" I ended the call and got up. I took a quick shower and ran to the Grocery store to meet Tristan. I saw Tristan on the phone, looking rather tired. He saw me and started walking towards me.

"Izumi? It's been thirty minutes. Where are the others?" I panted, trying to catch my breath. "Did you, oversleep?" He chuckled.

"Kind of?" I said still gasping for breath. "I gave Jayden and Maya another location for them to be alone." He stared at me and started blushing.

"Oh, uh, did you want us to be alone? I mean that's totally cool, I just wasn't ready..." He said.

"What? Oh, no that's not what I meant. You see Maya likes Jayden so I thought..." I breathed in remembering what happened yesterday with Jayden. "I thought it was a good idea for them to get closer."

"Oh, I see." He sighed. "Well, let's get going shall we?"

"Sure." I smiled nervously, and he took my hand.