Chapter 9

"Why?" I asked.

"What do you mean why?" He replied.

"I mean why me? I'm ugly, I'm-"

"You're not ugly Izumi. Even if you were, I'd still like you the same way." He said.

There was no way. There was no connection. It didn't make sense at all. It felt too soon. It felt too, fake. Yet my emotions, my feelings towards him only grew stronger.

It felt like a dream come true. It felt amazing. For years, I've always thought of myself as a bad person, as a disgrace. I've always thought that I would never have anyone like me that way, that I was just not good enough. I've believed what people see in me and my appearance. Lame, unappealing, pointless. I thought I would always stay alone, forever.

But he gave me hope. He changed how I felt about myself. It felt like I was going to explode of happiness. My feelings for him was real, and it blinded me from the thought that this was some kind of joke. I knew what he was doing, I knew he was going to use me. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. He knew I liked him all this time, and only now he's confronting me.

But I've always thought of others before me. I couldn't love myself, but I could love others. It was one of my greatest weakness, putting others before me. Putting my parents over my own goals and dreams. Putting my sister over my anger, my hatred. Putting Tristan over my feelings, my unrequited emotions. It's what I've always wanted. To finally have someone love me for who I am. I took his offer, knowing that it'll only hurt me in the end.

"Sure, I'll go out with you." I said, and smiled at him, forgetting everything that came to my mind. He took off his hand off his face and smiled back. "I have to go and get changed now. See you after school?"

"Yeah. See you!" He waved back and ran to his friends who were waiting outside.

I got out the changing room to see Jayden waiting for something, or better yet, someone. He turned around to see me with irritation upon his face. I looked at him blankly and walked away without turning back.

"Hey!" He called out. He grabbed my shoulder and swung me around to face him. "Since when did you go out with Tristan?" I looked at him in disgust.

"Are you stalking me? He literally asked me out like ten minutes ago!" I sighed. "And why do you care?"

"He's using you. You do realise that don't you?" He exclaimed. "He's just trying to make me jealous."

"I know he's using me." I looked away. "I mean, who would ever ask me out? I'm just a little pig, like my parents." I pushed his hand away from my shoulder. "You're just here to annoy me because I don't mean anything to you. You tease me when you're bored. You're a hypocrite. You're using me too."

"No! I'm not using you because I'm bored."

The bell rang, alarming that it was the end of the school day.

"Look I got to go. I'm meeting someone after school." I said.

"No, I'm coming with you." He scowled. "I bet it's Tristan."

"Look, can you just go? Don't you have anything else better to do?" I said as I pushed past people in the way through the corridor. Jayden followed, still committed to stop me from seeing Tristan.

Finally, I got out of school and saw not one, but two people standing in front of the entrance waiting for me.

"Izumi!" They both shouted. Oh god, I forgot about Maya.

"Hey, who are you?" Maya asked. "I asked Izumi to hang out with me first." Maya blew raspberries at him. He sighed and swept his hair to the side.

"She said she would meet me instead." He announced as he also blew raspberries at her. I sighed. Tristan was more childish than I thought.

"Tristan." Jayden groaned.

"Jayden," Tristan grunted.

"Izumi!" Maya beamed.

Ugh, this is going to be a very long school break.