Ch.16

1 month. That's how long I've been without Cole. It's the exact length it's been since I've had a conversation with Brad. It's also the same amount of time Taylor tries to get me out of the house.

The funeral home had went out, and let Cole's ashes go near an island like I had asked. So now whenever I wanted to be with him I'd go to the beach. Most days I can't seem to get out of bed. Brad hasn't said a word since, but I want to be left alone anyways.

I got up early today, I was going to pack the baby room up. I need to return the items or donate them. I just want them gone.

Brad was hung over downstairs, and Shay And Jared in their rooms. I'd finally get some piece and quiet.

I got the boxes ready, and started packing away the clothes first. There wasn't too much, but there was no reason to keep it.

I was holding a glass globe with a mom and baby in it when it slipped through my fingers hitting the ground. It shattered into a hundred tiny glass pieces. It was as if that triggered something inside of me. I grabbed the other glass items throwing them across the room. The books hit the wall. The paint cans that were sitting on the floor I threw across the room. Everything my hands touched I threw.

I was screaming at the top of my lungs when I finally hit my knees in the puddle of paint. My heart broken and the room destroyed.

Someone's feet running up the stairs could be heard, and the door opened. "Kaitlynn" His voice sad as he grabbed my hand.

"Shay bring me some of her clothes" I heard her leaving while Brad scooped me up into his arms.

He carried me to the bathroom before standing me up. My clothes were being striped off of me while I stood there waiting for his instructions.

"Your things are packed" His eyes bloodshot as he started the shower for me. "Where are you going" I know he would be mad anger falling from his lips. "I'm leaving I can't do this anymore" I shake my head stepping into the shower.

"You weren't the only one who lost him" He spat placing my towel by the bath.

"I'm not the one blaming you everyday that it's your fault he's gone. I'm not getting drunk and screaming at you and calling you a whore" I spat turning the water off. I quickly dried off, and changed. I headed to the room grabbing my bag taking them to the car. After the last bag was put in it i grabbed my keys.

"Y-you can't leave Kaitlynn not now" I shook my head, and he grabbed the vase throwing it at the wall. I heard someone run down the stairs, but didn't look at them. "I  can't do this with you anymore Brad. I can't act like a family, and be okay. I can't. I feel like dying every morning like it should have been me in the accident. I don't want to be here anymore" My voice rasing a bit at the end. His eyes brimmed with tears, but I was sure it was hate. "Kaitlynn please don't leave me" He whispered, but I couldn't. "I'm sorry Brad, but I can't stay"

I made my way to my car letting my tears fall. I got in driving down the street before pulling my phone out. "Hello" His voice felt like home, and I almost started sobbing. "Taylor can I come over" I whispered, and I heard him sigh. "Kaitlynn are okay to drive" I told him I was.

"Then don't ask" I smiled knowing he was the closest person I have to a friend right now. He'd always be there for me."I'll be there in 20" He told me to be careful, and I felt myself driving a bit faster.

If everything in my life failed Taylor would always be there. I know that now. The drive was quick as I  wanted to see him. As soon as I pulled into the drive way, and I stepped out he walked out the door. I couldn't stop it anymore I started sobbing running towards him. I broke down, as he held me close. "It's okay Kaitlynn I've got you" He whispered pressing a kiss to my forehead. "He can't hurt you anymore"

Taylor picked me up, and walked me into his house. He laid down on the couch, and I curled myself into him. He already had a movie in, and ready to play.

"It seems I'm always running to you for comfort." I whisper halfway through the movie. He moved my hair looking at me. "Why is that" He whispered back searching my eyes for an answer. "I-I don't know, but I'm tired of running" I whispered. I leaned in letting my lips barely touch his. "Kiss me" I breathed, and he stuttered out my name. " kiss me" He didn't wait. His lips met mine with force, and I let my hands run through his hair. "Kaitlynn" He sighed, and I trailed kisses down his neck. I sucked on his sensitive spot, and he growled. "What are you doing" I  thought for a moment. "I want you" His eyes widened as he looked at me. "A-are you sure" I nodded leaning into him. "I've always wanted you I didn't know it til now" I guess that's all it took because he was pulling my shirt off.

"I couldn't do it" He whispered kissing my neck. "What" I asked he pulled back looking into my eyes. "I couldn't date anyone else. All my thoughts went back to you" I gave him a warm smile, and pulled his lips to mine.

I couldn't lie I use to think of the times he held me in his arms. Maybe it wasn't Brad all along it's been Taylor. I was to blind to see it.