Ch.23

Our 4 weeks of marriage have been hectic to say the least. The never ending appointments or the dinner parties our friends want to throw.

I know the main reason they want to do so much is because of how sick Taylor is. He's been getting worse everyday, and he is depressed.

This morning I ran to the doctors alone so Taylor could rest at home. The baby is already in position, and there are a few concerns. My Braxton Hicks are stronger than they like, and with my history with Cole they are worried the baby could come early.

They instructed I try to rest as much as possible, and go in for a steroid shot in a few days. Anything can trigger her to come early, and she's nowhere near ready. I'm no where near ready.

"Taylor" I called out when I open the door. He walks around the corner with a beer in his hand causing my smile to fall.

"How is she?" He placed his hand on my bump gently rubbing it. I tell him what the doctor said, and he sighed. "She can't come early Kaitlynn she's not ready." He looked a mess, and our friends were coming over later to help us decorate the baby room. We were going to order pizza, decorate, watch sports.

"Why don't you go take a nap before the team gets here?" He took my hand pulling me into his chest.

"I know I've been miserable to be around lately, but thank you. Thank you for everything you do, and will do. Thank you for carrying our child, and taking care of me. I love you so much Kaitlynn. I love you more than you'll ever know. You shouldn't have this burden to deal with while you're trying to grow a baby." He placed his forehead against mine, and I shut my eyes.

"Taylor you aren't and never will be a burden. I love you more than you'll know, and would do anything for you." He whispered he knows, and kissed me passionately.

"I love you"

He walked down the hall looking back at me with a sad smile. Once he shut the bedroom door I sat down on the couch leaning my head back. I'm not going to lie I'm exhausted. It's exhausting being pregnant and taking care of someone, but I have to do it. I love him.

When everyone showed up they made the call for pizza. "Where's Taylor" Brad asked glancing out into the backyard. "I had him go take a nap. I'm about to go wake him up." He laughed shaking his head.

"It's okay. I'll get him." I gave him a soft smile continuing my conversation with Shay.

A few minutes later Brad walked out of the bedroom down the hall, and towards me.

"Where's Taylor" I asked a smile on my face waiting to see his head pop out with his green bandana on.

"Kaitlynn-" He stopped looking around at everyone, and I could tell something is wrong.

"Taylor" I screamed walking towards Brad to get to the room, but he wrapped his arms around me.

"Brad let me go. Where's Taylor" I tried fighting him, but he held onto me. "Kaitlynn he's gone" I felt my heart stop. He couldn't mean gone as in gone forever.

"Taylor this isn't funny" I screamed waiting, hoping he'd walk out of the room.

"Taylor" Brad's arms still holding me. I looked around seeing Shay's hand over her mouth, Matt holding her, Jared looked like he was praying.

"Let me go" My voice cracked as I pushed against him. "Brad fucking let me go" I was screaming, and Matt said if I kept pushing against him I'd hurt the baby.

I felt his arms loosen, and I pushed against him running down the hall slamming the door open.

His brown hair tossed to the side along with his head. I leaned against him tapping his face.

"Taylor wake up" I cried begging him to get up. "Taylor" I felt my heart breaking as I tapped his cold cheek.

I fell against his chest wrapping my arms around his neck. "Taylor" I sobbed against him. My tears falling faster than ever.

"Kaitlynn he's gone" Brad spoke softly reaching for my hand, but I yanked it back.

"No he promised he promised not to leave me" I cried laying against him squeezing him.

They were muttering on the other side of the room, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything. He was gone. The love of my life was gone.

I laid there against his body softly crying while touching his hair. Eventually the house was flooded with officers, and medical examiners.

"Kaitlynn" Brad kneeled next to me, but didn't touch me. "They have to take him." His voice was low while I looked up at the men standing in our room.

"No no we aren't moving him" I cried holding on to him. "Kaitlynn right?" Brad got up leaving, and an officer kneeled next to me. I nodded still crying against Taylor's chest.

"You've been crying for quite awhile. Can you tell me if you're in pain anywhere?" He put his hand on my stomach causing me to flinch. "I'm just checking for movement."

"Is this your boyfriend?" He asked his hand still placed on my stomach. "M-my husband. We got married 4 weeks ago" I cried hard thinking about how short of a time that was.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think he'd want to see you like this though. When his heart stopped beating he was no longer the man you loved. This is just an empty shell. His soul is out there right now. It may even still be in this room?" I looked over at him, and he reached for my hand.

"H-he promised not to leave me" I cried, and he reached his other arm around me. "I can see how much you loved him. I don't think he wanted to leave you life just sucks like that sometimes." He tried to pull me away, but I tighten my grip on Taylor.

"It's my fault" I screamed, and he slowly moved his hands. "It isn't anyone's fault. He was sick" I shook my head, telling him how I sent him to bed.

"If I would have went with him or even checked on him" It was getting harder to catch my breath.

"Let's calm down okay." He reached signaling someone to come in. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach causing me to wince.

"Are you in pain?" He put his hand on my stomach, and started pulling an oxygen mask out.

"Okay Kaitlynn you're having contractions. I know you want to stay right here with Taylor I know, but this baby doesn't need to come out right now." He placed the mask on me trying to get me to catch my breath.

I pulled the mask away "She can't come early Kaitlynn she's not ready." I glanced at Taylor after repeating his words.

"I love you. I love you so much, and I'm so sorry" I cried leaning down placing my lips to his. I had his face cupped in my hands, and his cold bluish lips against mine.

"Come on bring the gurney she needs to get to the hospital asap" He shouted scooping me up away from Taylors body.

"Dont leave him alone please" I cried as they pushed me out of our house. Our home where love and laughs were shared. Our home where one of the worst things in my life happened.