30

Once we arrived to the center it was like memories flooded me over and over. Brad and Taylor all of the drama, first kisses, pregnancy.

The kids section had expanded so there was even more for them to do. Taylor's friends arrived chasing the kids, and playing tag. I went to the bathroom, and was walking back to the play area when a picture caught my eye. It was in one of the fancy cases sitting lining the halls.

It was Taylor. His full head of hair pushed back by his legendary green bandana. He was wearing the jersey the center donated.

I reached to touch the picture when someone stopped me.

"The management gets mad when people touch the displays. It's better just to look." I kept my eyes focused on Taylor. "That's the Taylor Johnson he donated tons of money before he passed away. It's said that he haunts the center waiting for the love of his life to return and collect the items he left behind." My eyes finally met the blue ones looking at me.

"People think he's haunting the center waiting for a girl?" I was slightly amused, but he nodded. "After he died the center tried to contact her about the things he left behind, but no one could reach her. So they put everything away in the locker room until she returns to claim them." I looked back at Taylor while he continued.

"They say when the sunsets, and they lock the doors you can hear him calling for her. Awaiting the day she returns to reunite her with his finally act of love." I look back at him question what he meant.

"One of the things he left behind is at least 6ft tall. It says "To my beloved Kaitlynn we were fated from the start"" I stood there blank debating what to do.

"I-I'm his wife" I whispered watching him laugh with amusement. "Yeah you and every other girl that heard the story." I stared at him a few minutes telling him again.

"Yeah if you were her we'd know. His wife is probably long gone by now." The anger starting the rise inside of me.

"Listen you little shit that's my fucking husband." I saw from the corner of my eye the dreaded person I didn't want to see.

"Did you know" I shouted the guy jumping as Brad walked towards me. "Kaitlynn-" I cut him off asking again.

"Yeah I knew. He made me bring it here." I sarcastically laughed the tears forming in my eyes.

"You didn't think the fucking tell me Brad. You didn't think I deserved to know what he wanted to give me. You didn't think I would want to know. Who gave you the right to decide what I want?" I screamed causing the building the silence. Russell was walking towards us, but my hand connected with Brad's face.

"Who do you think you are to keep that from me?" I shouted my hand extending to slap him again, but he caught it.

"I was protecting you. You were so hurt" Russell ran up telling Brad to let go of me.

"My husband had just died of course I was hurt. The love of my life literally died I had every right to be hurt" Russell tried to hug me, but I stopped him.

"I want to see it." I demanded the kid who just witnessed what happened no longer questioning it.

"Yes ma'am follow me" Logan called out for me running to me. I scooped him up while Russell grabbed Danielle. Everyone else slowly following us.

When we get the locker room he opens the closet door taking out the stuff Taylor left behind. Most of it was just random things he didn't want to get lost. The 6ft package was wrapped in paper waiting to be unwrapped. The front said exactly what the kid said, and I sighed.

"Russell can I borrow your knife" He pulled it out handing it to me.

I cut out the writing Taylor put on there, and handing it to him. As I unwrapped it I had this slight pull at my heart.

It wasn't until I got it fully uncovered that I actually started crying. I dropped to my knees my hands covering my face.

It was a 6 ft all painting of Taylor and I from the wedding. He had just dipped me, and his radiant smile on display.

The kid started reading before I could stop him.

" Kaitlynn my love,

I asked Brad to keep this in a safe place until I'm better or until I'm gone. Which ever comes first. If you're reading this then I'm not here with you, and we aren't laughing about how pregnant you were at the wedding.

I want to tell you how sorry I am. I'm sorry that the cancer killed me or I'm sorry that I killed myself. I'm sorry if I left you and Danielle or I'm sorry if I never got the chance to meet her.

I'm truly sorry that I left you, and I'll never get to tell you how happy you made me. God damn baby you made me the happiest fucking man in the world. There is no one else I would have rather spent the rest of my life with.

That first day I saw you that I actually SAW you on the field waiting for Brad was the day I knew I needed you. You were so fucking beautiful. It honestly took my breath away. You were watching Brad play, but I was watching you.

God remember when you told Brad you wanted to continue riding with me instead. My heart stopped I couldn't believe it, and that time we almost kissed playing air hockey. You were it for me, and I knew it. I knew no matter how long I had to wait that you would be worth it. Baby you were so worth it.

I know they say you only get one great love, but I don't want that to be true for you. I left you way too early, and you deserve to be happy with someone. Don't wait around to die just to reunite with me. Go out and have fun. Live your life to the fullest baby. Go have kids so Danielle doesn't grow up alone and become spoiled. Tell her how much I loved her. Have a man around to show her how she should be treated, and someone to protect her. Someone to protect you.

There's no reason to be sad all your life baby girl because no matter what one day I will see you again. I'll be there waiting for you like always. I know it's going to take awhile because you're late to everything, but I'll wait. I'll be standing on the other side with some flowers, and a soccer ball in my green bandana.

Just please be happy. If not for yourself for me and Danielle. She'll want you to be happy.

If you end up running to Rex like I predicted I hope he takes care of you. He's a great guy, and I already gave him my blessing to marry you if he falls in love with you. Which who wouldn't be stupid enough to fall in love with you you're a babe.

I know this is long, but I don't want to say goodbye. I don't want this to be the last thing I tell you. I don't want to know you're crying while I'm not there to hold you.

Kaitlynn Michelle Johnson I fucking love you with all of my heart. I loved you so much that I begged Matt for your hand, and even when he told me no I asked him again. Please don't ever stop loving me. Don't ever forget about me.

I love you, and I'll see you again

Xoxo Taylor"