Ch.21

Weeks without talking to the one you love is miserable. Taylor had come home earlier than expected trying to surprise me. The problem was I wasn't home, and I wasn't at Matt's.

"Kaitlynn what are you doing here?" His eyes peeled around like he was searching for Taylor. "Can we talk?"

I was sitting on his couch next to him awkward silence engulfing us. "Congrats on the baby" His voice was less than excited, but I thanked him anyways.

"So you and Taylor have it all. You're getting married soon, and there's a baby on the way. What's next?" He scoffed I could sense the anger rising in him.

"Taylor has cancer" It came out as a whisper, but I knew he heard it.

"What? Kaitlynn no he would have told us?" I shook my head the tears falling from my swollen eyes.

"Kaitlynn babe" Brad pulled me into his arms hugging me, and Shay walked through the door followed by Taylor.

I understand why he's angry, but he has to see where I'm coming from. He refused to tell the people closest to him.

"I'm going to get my tux fitted with the guys. I'll be home later." I grabbed his hand causing him to stop. "We are getting married Taylor Johnson will you stop acting like you're 5" I snapped causing him to pull away from me.

"I'm acting 5 yet I go to see my parents, and you end up cozy with Brad. Nah Kaitlynn I'm not playing this game." He reached for the door handle, and I grabbed his hand.

"All I did was tell him you had cancer. That was it Taylor I wasn't even there long" He was glaring at me, but I could see him face changing.

"Why tell him Kaitlynn? I have everything under control" I shake my head tears starting to fall.

"You have cancer Taylor. You're taking pain medication, and you are mixing alcohol into it. What if something happens to you? What am I going to do? I'll be alone. I'm having a baby, and  if something happens to you I'll be alone" I was full blown sobbing now he wrapped his arms around me.

"You aren't going to be alone baby. My parents said they'll move here, and the boys will be around for anything you need." I didn't need anyone else. I only needed him.

"I don't want something to happen to you" I choked through tears, and he held me tighter.

"Nothing is going to happen baby I promise. I'm so sorry I've been a dick lately I didn't think about it. I didn't think you were worried about being alone."

I am scared to death of being alone. I am scared of losing Taylor. I am scared.