Chapter 2 - Cure Mermaid x Reader

Reader's POV

It was a nice and sunny day at Noble Academy. Although everything seemed boring at the time, I found Haruka planting some flowers in the Garden. "Good morning, Haruka!" I waved. "Good morning, Y/n!" Haruka said while finishing off the dandelions. "Are you ready to go to the Aquarium?" Haruka placed her gardening tools in the bucket. "Sure" I said still nervous.

I was afraid of the sea ever since I was little, so I barely went to any pools or beaches that reminded me of it. Whilst we were walking, we bumped into Kirara and Minami."Good morning!" both Haruka and I greeted our friends. "Good morning, Haruka and Y/n" both Kirara and Minami said in unison. "Are you two going to the Aquarium today?" Haruka asked in excitement.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" Kirara said fisting the air. "That's the spirit!" Haruka cheered Kirara on and laughed. Minami seemed a bit down, so I went over to her side. "Come on now, you love the sea, you should be happy" I told Minami. "Thank you, but I have important stuff to do as a counselor" Minami said pushing away. "Well I hope you don't have so much work, you deserve a break!" I yell while she was already at the door, and we were still in the Garden. "Let's go" I said.

Haruka and Kirara nodded in agreement, and followed along to Haruka's dorm room. Inside, Yui was drawing again in her sketchbook. "Are you going to the Aquarium, Yui?" Haruka waved in front of Yui. "Yup, It'll help me with some ideas for drawing!" Yui placed her sketchbook away, and took out a flyer. "I also heard there were going to be a penguin show" Yui said while pointing at the paper.

All of us closed in and read the paper, indicating that the show was for the 100th rescue of the month. How lovely, and so we all got dressed and headed out. I wonder what could keep Minami so busy... Once we asked permission from dorm mother, we were granted permission, and got on the bus. "Oh wow, an actual show, I wonder what it would be like" Haruka said while spinning around. "Not as good as my performances that is" Kirara bragged as her usual self. 

The bus came to a sudden stop, and Haruka fell over. Both Kirara and I started laughing, but helped Haruka up afterwards. "Thank you, guys" Haruka patted herself off before jumping out the bus doors. We looked up and saw the big circular sphere in the ceiling. "We're inside the aquarium!" both Haruka and I spun around holding hands like little children. I still wish Minami was here, there's something I've been meaning to tell them. While we walked around and took pictures near some animals, Kirara pointed at a photo booth, and we all joined.

It's weird how they have a photo booth in an Aquarium. Yui had more ideas for her sketches now, so she sat down on the bench sketching it. Kirara had become obsessed with the donuts in their shops. Even Haruka was pretending to be a Pufferfish. As I stopped in front of a giant tank where all sorts of fish were swimming in, I saw someone familiar walk past from the other side. The reflection of Minami was seen. Did she finish all her work that quickly? "Minami!" I call out whilst running towards her. 

"Hello, Y/n. I didn't expect for you to be around this area" Minami said while facing me. I just laughed while trying to be calm. Minami is someone who I'm very close to, so it became awkward. "Do you enjoy the ocean, Y/n?" Minami asked. I shook my head no. "I like the animals."She nodded as she put a hand on the glass. A fish swam down to her hand and tapped the glass. It was cute, they both were cute! "Try it out" Minami said, as I reached to the glass. A small angelfish tapped the glass, and I smiled with Minami. Kirara passed by a couple times.

Before leaving, I gave Minami a hug. "Hope you have a fun time!" I waved at Minami. "Wait!" Minami said while I stopped in my tracks. "What is it?" I asked Minami, who had their hand on the glass still. "I'm glad I saw you here" she said while smiling, I smiled back. I guess she wanted to let me know she was alone. "I am too, Minami" I said with a thumbs up. Minami ran up to me and gave another hug, in which I wasn't expecting.

After heading to the door, I gave off another wave, and Minami returned it. Once I stepped outside, I wasn't really afraid as I was before. 'I'm glad I saw you here' I repeated in my head. Today was a great day! I caught up with Yui, Kirara, and Haruka before heading to the bus. I kind of miss Minami already even if we go to the same school. Anyways, I was watching Yui finish her sketch from earlier today. "That's super cool!" I side hugged her. It was two people looking at the tank. "I got this from you and Minami talking" Yui smiled at me. The moment was captured perfectly.

Word Count: 885