Chapter 11 - Stop and Freeze x Reader

(Heyyyyy, sorry for literally being dead here XD, anywho enjoy!)

Your POV

The breeze was never better today! Trees swayed gently, leaves rustled alongside it, the scent of flowers filled the air. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky, which meant a great view of the big open sky. Yup, everything was going swimmingly. In the midst of soaking all that in, I heard a thud from behind me, two figures wrestling or what it seemed like an argument. "Don't get in my space", "You got in mine!", "Nu uh", "Yea huh". They kept talking until I stepped on a twig.

"Did someone spot us?" one of the two asked, the eyes of the silhouettes showing. I inch closer to take a better look at the two 'people'. "Hello? Who are you?" I asked, feet away from being next to them. Once I got close enough, they were actually kinda cute! One had Bunny ears, and the other had mouse ears. "I'm Stop" the one with bunny ears introduced. I nod, and look at the other person with mouse ears. "I'm Freeze" the other person said. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you?".

I don't know whether or not they were trustable, yet so far it felt safe to talk to them. A bit of silence filled the air, Stop and Freeze not looking away from me possibly in case I run away. That's what it felt like I should do. "So...where are you guys from?" I asked, hands tied behind my back with awkwardness. "We come from Dys Dark" Freeze answered, Stop cutting in after to say  more. "We're here temporarily for...reasons" Stop responded. I don't know about that last part.

Freeze elbowed Stop before clearing his throat, and walking off as if nothing happened. Because I did just meet them, and have never seen them around these parts, I should definitely follow them to see what they're up to. What I guess were twins were making their way downtown, walking fast. I sped up them, just inches behind. "Freeze twisted his head a bit back, noticing me, and then whispering to Stop that I'm still here. "I'm aware" Stop said not looking back.

What, am I some sort of threat to them? Big deal, they wear weird clothes and sound... well they sound adorable actually, but they did walk off however like it was nothing. "Where are you guys going?" I asked, getting no response from them. I grabbed Stop from the sleeve, and hoisted him back. "Yes?" Stop asked, turning his head to meet mine. "Where are you two going?" I asked, clueless about their current situation. Stop and Freeze exchanged glances before nodding.

Not now, what's their plan? "Okay, we're generals of Dys Dark" Freeze took the chance to speak. Stop butted in, giving more info. "We're assigned to 'stop' and 'freeze' dreams of people like you" Stop explained further. I nodded while listening to their continuous storied of fails and successes before lightning struck, and rain began pouring abruptly out of nowhere. Stop and Freeze both ran behind me, confused and scared from the rain I suppose. "You guys okay?".

"What is those things falling from the sky?" Freeze asked, getting hit by a water droplet, and pulling Stop and I under the overhang of a nearby shop. "Rain? You never seen rain before?" I asked the twins. "We don't experience weather in Dys Dark" Stop said, pulling me closer in between the two taller twins. "It's just rain, harmless drops of water from clouds" I explained. I extended my hand to show it wouldn't hurt me. As I did, Stop was going to pull my hand back.

"See? Perfectly fine!" I stated, Stop dropping their hand down to their side, and watching curiously the rain fall onto my hand, and trailing down the backside of it. Freeze also placed his hand out slowly, backing away scared it might hurt him. After reconsidering, Freeze touched the rain, and relaxed into its touch. "It's okay" Freeze said to Stop. Stop did the same, and closed his hand to trap the water, failing while the drop of water made its escape.

Not wanting to get sick from the rain, I sat down on the floor watching the rain trickle down from the sky. Stop and Freeze sat down on both sides of me, astonished by the beauty of rain. "There's so much of it" Stop said looking at the sky. "It's a never-ending cycle" Freeze stated, sitting closer to me. Stop did the same, me squished in between the two. I didn't mind it though, yet in fact I enjoyed it. Until the rain stops, we were sitting here admiring the scene.

I stop looking at the rain to see the two robotic like twins gestures when they notice something new about rain. Freeze just learned rain can also be formed into snow and hail, and Stop learned that rain can cause flooding or be found in hurricanes. As I told them more about rain and how it helps the environment to grow, Stop and Freeze warmed up to the feeling of nature's gift. I've never seen people so amazed by the simplicity of rain, and what it can do! "Hey, Y/n".

I turn to my right where Stop was. "Yes?" I ask, waiting for their response. "Thank you for this" Freeze continued. "O-oh! You're welcome!" I replied, facing Freeze who completed Stop's sentence. "Now that the rain has stopped, we have to go now" Stop said standing up. "Agreed" Freeze continued, standing up and giving a weird stretch. I give a small giggle from their word association, and nod. "Do you have to go now?" I asked sadly, since I am going to miss them.

Freeze and Stop stare at each other for a while as if speaking telepathically, and both look at me in unison. I tilt my head in confusion of the two, and then that all went away after the two gave me a hug at the same time. Not knowing what to do, I hug back with a small smile. "We'll meet again on the road ahead" Stop and Freeze said together opening a lock sized thing, and disappearing into it. I wave farewell as they hop in, and shrink from my sight. They sure are cute.

Author: Hey! Glad you read this chapter! Sorry for inactivity, I'll get to writing more chapters eventually, but until then I'll be doing schoolwork from online and keeping other social medias up like Instagram and YouTube. On YouTube I'm Yamafua01, and my Instagram is cra_z_lemons. Shameless self promotion, IK...I love doing it XD