Chapter 7 - Close x Reader

Close hated that you're always determined no matter what. He also didn't like the fact you're saved 24/7 by the princess precure! You were thrilled! Everyday you were as close as to being captured, you simply dodged the flying lock from capturing your dream! And thus, the precure were ready to fight! Until one day...

Reader's POV

After I recollected myself from my shocking dream, I yawned and stretched. What a day this'll be! What to do... I know! I'm gonna visit Minami and Kirara. I got dressed, and left my dorm room. As I checked the halls for anyone, I locked my door, and left. It sure was bright outside! "Anyone here?" I ask. No one responded, meaning I woke up a little early. I'm not really a morning person, but I like walking outside in the garden. Haruka was wide awake, and tending to the garden today!

"Hello, Haruka!" I shout to her. I see over the beds of flowers Haruka knelt down, and she turns and waves to me. "Good morning!" Haruka smiles big. "What flowers are you growing today?" I ask walking over to her side. "Tulips" Haruka responded. One at a time, she placed seeds in holes, and covered them. Behind me, Minami and Kirara walked in our direction. "Good morning!" Kirara yelled to us. I twirled around surprised, and so did Haruka. "Don't scare us like that! I was focused" Haruka warned.

I was the only one apart from Yui who knew these three along with Towa were the princess precure. So far, nothing bad happened in weeks! Until I said that, a lock appeared. I look up in the sky, as well as the other three. Close reveals himself, and locks eyes with me. "It's you again" Close said angered. "Not today, Close!" I shout out, and hinted the others.

Haruka, Minami, and Kirara take out their perfumes and keys. "Precure! Princess engage!" All yell in sync. Once they finished, Cure Flora, Mermaid, and Twinkle stood in front of me. This time, Stop and Freeze caught me, and signaled Close.

"I've finally got you now!" Close yells out. " Close your dream!" He said before trapping me in a cage. "(Y/n)!" Flora shouted. I couldn't hear much. All I could see was the Precure fighting a monster. "I'll never become a (dream job)". "(Y/n)! Snap out of it!" Twinkle managed to slip in. Twinkle, she always sees a way through it all.

"You know why I try so hard, (Y/n)?" Close yells out. I look up in confusion. Why he tries so hard? What does he aim for really? "I've been jealous of your courage to stand up so strong". I was in shock! Did he not have that similar to me? "I can't go back to Dyspear without quivering in fear failure after failure!" Close said loud enough for me to hear clearly.

"Think about what they'll do to me if I do once more! If I go back, I might be replaced!" Close completed. A single tear went down his cheek. As he clenched his fist, and looked away from me, I felt sadness. I understood. I understand his pain, and I want to help him feel better about this. Stop and Freeze had already escaped while the Precure finished off the monster.

The moment I was freed, I ran to Close, and gave him a hug. "Huh? What're you doing?" He said ticked off. "Want my advice?" I asked Close. He only looked down at me with a confused face. "Pick easier, less aware targets!" I suggested. I was friends with the Precure, so I'm lucky for that. Close remained tensed, so I hugged softer.

Close then smiled, and pushed me aside. "I'll be back for round two!" Close said floating in the air. He opened a lock portal, and waved farewell. I waved back, watching him. Once he left, I went to go see the others again. I was happier to be safe. Yet again, I'm expecting to get a visit from the lil' angsty pants, Close.

Time Skip

Nighttime was rolling in fast, and there was little time before I was heading to sleep. I had a solo room, so no bunk bed necessary. As I was finishing last minute assignments for history class, a sound from the window scared me. "Hello?" I ask nothing. I placed the pencil down, and look at the window for a brief moment. Another pebble was thrown at the glass, and made me jolt.

Being brave, I opened up the window quickly, and scavenged the whole yard. No one was in my sights, so who could have done that?" I asked myself. Jus as I was going to push down the window, Close jumped in front of me. "Goodness! Your timing couldn't be any more flawless!" I shriek out, trying to catch my breath. "Heh, sorry" Close said crossing his arms.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, mimicking Close's pose. "I wanted to see you, is that an issue?" Close said leaning forward to show a sign of annoyance. "I guess not" I said sitting back down in the chair I was working in, and facing it to Close. "What would you like to say?" I said hoping he could let me finish my work before obliterating me. "I...like you" and that was it!

Close vanished into a portal before I could respond back to him. Did he really just say that to me? Oh goodness how embarrassing must that have been for him! I couldn't even focus on doing my work because of the thought! Either way, it felt... kind of nice actually. Maybe I like him too.

Word Count: 945