4

"So you just stay here and watch us. And if you could cheer, that'd be great, especially when nobody else is because that's probably what's gonna happen." Michael chuckled, leading me to sit down in front of the small stage they would be playing on.

"Nah, I'm good. I don't wanna embarrass myself if you guys suck." I waved a hand at him.

"Ha ha." Michael glared at me, already backing around the front of the stage.

"I know, I'm hilarious. Maybe if you guys bomb, I could steal the show with my amazing comedy." I smirked, leaning back in my chair and propping my feet up on the stage.

"Wow," Michael shook his head at me. "Not even a 'good luck, Mikey. Don't worry, you'll do great' from you."

"What do you want, a good luck kiss?" I made ridiculous kissy faces at him before tossing my head back with laughter.

"Yes."

I snapped my head forward, seeing that he had stopped backing away and leaned against the stage, arms crossed, the corners of his lips slightly lifting upwards. "Just don't fuck up, Clifford."

Michael only laughed and turned on his heel, disappearing backstage.

***

The boys were amazing. I hadn't heard them play since that one night almost a week ago and tonight they were playing with electric guitars and Ash's full drum set, which I had yet to hear. The stage wasn't too big, yet they found a way to rock it. There wasn't a problem with getting the crowd's attention. They were captivated throughout the whole performance, just like me.

The boys introduced themselves as 5 Seconds of Summer, which I thought was actually a pretty cool name. They sang "Unpredictable", "Disconnected", "Superhero", "Lost Boy", "Out of My Limit", "Gotta Get Out", and "Try Hard." They really knew how to be interactive with the crowd. In "Lost Boy", they had the crowd sing "come find me" with them during the bridge and got us to clap along to the beat for most of the songs. In all honesty, I thought they surpassed all the bands I'd heard at Concert in the Park.

Luke had joked around with me during their last song, wiggling his eyebrows at me during the bridge:

"But now, who knew?

She's in the crowd of my show

Nothing to lose

She's standing right in the front row

The perfect view

She came along on her own

And there's something that you should know

You're so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard 'cause

You make me feel, you make me feel

Yeah she makes me feel, she makes me feel"

I laughed, cheering extra loud for them as they finished the song and even louder as they bid the crowd goodnight and ran off the stage. Quickly, I got up and ran towards the backstage door, waiting for them to come out. When they did, I was tackled in a giant hug by all four of them.

"Ewww!" I squeaked, fighting my way out of the mass of bodies. "You guys are all sweaty!"

"No!" Calum protested, pulling me back. "It's really just Ash that's all sweaty! Ashton Irwin go stand in the corner, you disgust us."

"Hey!" Ashton shouted. "That's mean!"

"It's okay, Ash, I'll give you a hug once you're clean! In fact, I'll give you all a hug later when you're clean." I laughed, finally escaping.