8

"So what should we do today?" Michael questioned, laying back and resting his head on my lap as he tried to get a glance at the book I was reading. "The Host? Again? You just read that book."

"I did not just read it!" I said, smacking him lightly in the face with the book.

"Oww!" He whined, over exaggerating by rubbing his nose and furrowing his eyebrows. "And yes you did!"

"No I didn't because the last week I spent reading the Harry Potter books with you." I pointed out. Every time Michael had come over last week, he would bring a Harry Potter book and insist that I read to him from wherever he left off until we would switch of and he would read it to me.

"So what? That's still pretty recent." Michael reached up, tugging a strand of hair and twirling it around his finger.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, looking at Reese and Kayla who were watching us with clear amusement. "So what do you guys wanna do?"

"I don't know," Kayla said, looking down at a little travel brochure she got at the front desk. "I was thinking maybe we could go to the Seymour Marine Discovery Center at Long Marine Lab?"

"And that is?" Michael asked, turning his head towards Kayla.

"It's so like an aquarium, I guess. It's got touch pools and stuff. Says here there's even a shark."

"A shark?" Michael shot up into a sitting position. He nodded excitedly, his hair flopping around. "Yeah, yeah, let's do that."

Reese laughed. "Well, we've got nothing better to-"

A knock at the door cut her off. Michael stood up. "I'll get it. It's probably the boys."

I nodded my head and went back to reading my book when Michael called me over. "Lana?"

"Yeah?" I rolled off the bed and to my feet, walking over to the door. Michael stood with his back to me. Due to his height and the narrow width of the hallway, I couldn't see who was at the door.  "Do you know this guy?" He asked stepping to the side.

"Dylan, hey!" I smiled, squeezing by Michael to give him a hug.

"Hey, Al. Are you doing anything today? I thought maybe we could hang out."

"Actually, we were all going to an aquarium thing." Michael said before I could respond.

"Oh." Dylan said, stepping backwards into the hall. "That's alright, we can do something later."

"Wait, no." I said, reaching out to stop him. "Do you wanna come with?"

"Um," Dylan glanced up at Michael and I realized how much taller Michael was. Dylan was pretty tall and the fact that Michael dwarfed even him surprised me. "Yeah, sure. Okay."

"Great." I grinned, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the hotel room.

Michael muttered something incoherent under his breath that I didn't hear, but judging by the scathing look he gave us, it probably wasn't very kind. It'll be a task to get him to warm up to Dylan, I could already tell.

"Reese, Kayla, this is Dylan." I waved my hands at him.

"We've sorta met." Reese smiled apologetically. "I'm Reese."

"Kayla." Kayla reached out and shook his hand, but her eyes didn't meet his but rather a spot a little farther north. She pointed. "That's Michael."

Dylan held his hand out to Michael as he walked around us. Michael either didn't notice or chose to ignore it and sat on the bed and merely nodded before pulling out his phone.