Delayed Flight - 지성 / 한

"WHY IS THIS DELAYED FOR SO FUCKING LONG?" I said to myself angrily, my best friend shaking his head at my side.

"It's only delayed 3 hours." He said, smiling weakly.

"Ji- the board says 13 hours." I said, flicking his head.

"Oh." He said, I rolled my eyes.

"We've got to sleep here then." He said, I nodded, frustrated as he pointed out the bleeding obvious all the time.

"Do you want food?" I asked, eventually calming down as we found two empty seats by our gate to sit in.

"I'm not-" He started to say but I heard his tummy rumble, so I took that as an answer.

I got us a sandwich each, two big bottles of water, crisps, a bag of apple slices and Smarties.

"Thank you (y/n)-ah!" He said in such a cute way which made me feel sick.

I sat down in the seat he had thankfully saved, he wasn't so dumb after all, and ate my food in silence.

Jisung started playing eye-spy around the waiting area, to which I played half-heartedly, as we were finding ways to drift off to sleep and preoccupy us during the long wait.

"Eye spy something beginning with U." He said, I was too tired and gave up playing.

"Well the answer was Umbrella!" He said excitedly, how did he still have this much energy when our fucking flight had been delayed more than half a day.

We stopped playing and listened to music on our phones, whilst reading the news or texts or whatever, before we started drifting off.

I fell asleep, my head on Jisung's shoulder as he played and plaited with my hair.

It was pretty early that morning, because it was still dark when I was half asleep but heard Jisung talking to someone, I decided to pretend to be asleep.

"And who might this pretty girl be?" An old woman asked him, he chuckled slightly.

"This is (y/n), my best friend." He said.

"Best friend?" The woman said, smirking and Jisung chuckled, "I'm only messing with you, boys and girls can be friends."

"Well, I hope we'd become something more but I don't want to ruin our friendship." He said, "I'm also too nervous to tell her.""

The woman looked shocked but also happy.

"You should tell her. Look how comfortable she looks with you, even when she's sleeping, it's obvious she likes you a bit more than just a friend." The woman said, my heart beating fast. I had been thinking this for days, all the time we've been in Malaysia, but I hadn't been able to say if either to him.

"Make a move." The woman said, and her conversation stopped with Jisung.

I wriggled about, my head on Jisung's lap, and let him know I was sort of awake.

He looked flustered but said nothing.

It was comforting knowing he felt the same way I did, but would this ruin our friendship, maybe even strengthen it?

I woke up when Jisung was shaking me lightly, saying our gate was open and we were boarding the plane.

It was pretty empty and that meant I got to sit with Jisung.

"So, is there something you want to get off your chest?" I asked, eyeing him as he took a sip of water.

"Umm, no, you?" He asked.

"Come on Ji-, I thought you were confident." I said, smiling at him.

"Well, I'm going to start then." I said, sitting down and crossing my legs on the seat.

"Jisung, I like you." I said, laughing lightly as his face brightened up, he was blushing too knowing I heard his conversation.

"Well, that's nice." He said, I rolled my eyes, frowning slightly.

"Nice?" I asked, faking being annoyed and he looked shocked.

"I like you too (y/n), don't worry." He said, I rolled my eyes again. Jisung was so easy to wind up.

We still had 10 hours to wait, so I replaced my head on his shoulder and drifted slowly off, as he was holding my hand and tracing little circles.