Time Travel - 현진

"Come on Kami." I heard a tall boy say, his dog was peeing in a bush, and was taking a bit longer than usual.

I walked past, my hands full of shopping, why couldn't mum pick me up in the car?

I suddenly dropped one of the bags, as my hands were tired, a glass bottle smashing on impact.

"Fuck my life." I said, it's liquid spewing out and ruining all the contents of that plastic back.

"Hey, do you need any help?" The tall boy with the dog asked me.

"Umm, I'm alright." I said, picking up the bag which was now leaking with the mysterious liquid.

"Actually have you got a plastic bag?" I asked, he was still standing there, like he was waiting to help.

He handed me one of his poo bags, helping me put that plastic bag in it and it stopped leaking.

"How am I gonna clean this?" I asked, the path stained red with the liquid.

"It'll wash away, it's going to rain tonight anyway, don't worry." He said, grabbing the bag and one of the heaviest bags in my other hand.

"So, where are you going?" He asked.

"No it's fine. I can take it." I said, reaching for the bags.

"It's no problem, where are we headed?" He asked, his dog, which I think is called Kami, was licking my ankle.

"Aww, she likes you." He said, and waited for an answer to my question.

"XXXX." I said, he gasped.

"How come you walked all that way, I live in that direction and I always get the bus?" He said, shocked.

"I didn't have enough change and my mum is at work so can't take me." I said, he nodded.

"Good thing I came to your rescue." He said, lifting up the bag and we begun to walk.

"So, is your dog's name Kami?" I asked.

"Yeah, did you hear me say it?" He asked, a little surprised.

"It's a cute name, for a very cute dog." I said, Kami kept licking my leg even as we walked.

"Some say dogs resemble their owners, so you indirectly called me cute." He said, I chuckled awkwardly.

He was better than cute; he was super good-looking, I felt privileged that he was even talking to me.

"That's something a primary school kid would say, are you that young? Am I your noona?" I asked, smiling.

"My brothers a primary schooler, I guess I got it off him." He said, smiling and laughing at himself.

"So where in XXXX do you live?" He asked.

"The Yongsan apartment block, in the east." I said, he looked shocked.

"Wow, that's only a few streets away from me." He said, Kami looked as if she sighed.

"Cool, I can drop you off." I said, as we walked onto the bridge to walk across the river, my apartment block in the distance.

He nodded slowly, Kami running off ahead, stretching the lead to its maximum.

"Hmm?" He sort of hummed, looking confused at what Kami was looking for.

Kami ran back to us, a picture in her mouth.

"Uh?" I asked, looking at the picture; it was of a boy and a girl, the boy with a dog and they looked as if they had been shopping. The boy was kissing the girls cheek as the girl took the photo. They were wearing 60s style clothing, and was probably taken around that time due to the grotty-ness of it.