Chapter 9

I woke up in my room hoping it was all a dream, I looked round my room, I noticed a photo frame. I picked it up, it was a picture of me and Alfie when we were little. A tear rolled down my face. I put the picture down and headed for the door, I heard voices coming from downstairs. I opened the door quietly hoping no one would hear it. I walked out into the hall way then down to the staircase where a sat on the 7th step. I couldn't see the two people but I could just make out what they were saying.

"So did you get rid of them?"

"Sadly no, they got away but with damage."

"Where is Alfie?"

"He is recovering in his room."

I was so releved to hear that Alfie was safe, I got up and went to his room. The lights were off in his room, he was probably a sleep. I left a note under his door saying: 'I'm glad your fine, hope to speak to you soon. ' I started to walk back down the stairs when I heard a door open from the hall way, I stopped and looked who it was, hoping it was Alfie. It turned out to be two vampires I had never seen around the house, most of the vampires were affected by the sun, the stronger ones could walk around un affected. I continued down stairs, passing other vampires on my way. Lewis and Lucy were at the bottom talking, I walked down the stairs quicker, Lewis turned and looked at me, he smiled that cute half smile lads do.

"Hey you."

I finally got to the bottom of the stairs, I wrapped my arms round him.

"Hey, I'm glad your fine after yesterday."

He put his arms round me. Then he pulled away.

"Are you ok?"

" I'm better than Alfie."

I looked at him, my eyes started to water, a tear rolled down my check. Lewis wipped it away then looked at me.

"He's going to be ok, he's a vampire remember, he'll be up at dinner."

He looked at me and smile, I had to smile back even though inside I wanted to cry so bad. Lucy looked at me, I could tell that she needed to talk to Lewis about yesterday. She knew I found out the biggest secret of all. I was from a family of vampires and I was one of the most powerful.

"I guess I'll explore the grounds before dinner."

They smiled and watched me as I walked towards the dinning room, as ! turned the corner they we're back to talking about yesterday. I walked down the corridoor towards the indoor garden, I wanted to check if the door was still locked. I pulled on the door handle, the door swang open, the cold air hit my body. I made the short journey to the swing when I noticed someone was on it. I walked up to the person and sat down on the floor next to the swing.

"The snow is beautiful, isnt it."

"How did you know it was me?"

I looked up at him, he got up and sat down next to me.

"Because you were sat staring into space."

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me with those big blue eyes that warm my very soul.

"Alfie?"

"Yes?"

"What was I like? as a vampire?"

He looked up at the snow.

"You were nothing like a vampire should be like. You were always outside in the sun and it didnt affect you one bit. You were always smiling but after you were banned from going outside you lost your smile, you didn't talk to anyone not even me. I asked them to build this room for you and your smile came back, you were always in here. I would just sit there and watch you swing for hours on end. You were nothing like a vampire should be."