Diagon Alley

My older brother, Cedric, and I got really annoyed when our parents bragged about our achievments all the time. After all, he was a Hufflepuff, so he wasn't really one to brag. We were more humble. My brother was so excited when I got my letter to Hogwarts, as was I.

Father, Cedric, and I arrived at Diagon Alley to shop for my school supplies. 

"Are you ready to see Diagon Alley Riley?" Cedric asked. 

"YES!" I replied, a little too loudly. Cedric Jumped. "Sorry..."

"It's OK, I was just as excited when I came to Diagon Alley for the first time."

Our father, Amos Diggory, tapped on the bricks of a wall. I wondered what he was doing, until the wall seemed to open (If that makes any sense). We walked in, and there were lots of shops. I checked my list.
"First, I need a wand." I stated.

"All right," father said, "Your brother can take you. I am going to go do some shopping of my own." He plopped a bag of coins into my hand. 

"Thanks!" I replied, and happily strolled along next to Cedric to go to Ollivanders. We stepped inside a slighly dusty shop with shelves and shelves of rectangular boxes behind a counter. 

"Hello, you must be Cedric's younger sister, yes?" A man with white hair asked.

"Yeah.." I answered, looking around the shop.

"Well, lets try some wands, shall we?" He looked around some of the shelves and pulled out a box quietly thinking and whispering to himself. "Hmm.. How about we try this one." 

He pulled a wand out of the box and gave it to me. I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Just give it a little flick." He instructed.

With a small flick of the wrist, a paper on the desk caught fire. He quickly put it out. "Nope. Not that one." he said and walked back into the rows of shelves. He pulled out another box and handed me the wand it contained. 

I flicked this one, hopeful that I wouldn't go through four or five wand without any luck. This time, It emitted sparkling balls of light that seemed to circle around me before dissapearing. "Yes, I believe this is the one." He stated happily. I looked down at it. It was beautiful, It was almost golden, he told me it was heartwood, and had elegantly carved vines swirling up the handle (Extenal Link).  I payed for my wand, thanked him, and left the shop with Cedric.

"Do the wands do that with everybody when they find the right one?" I asked Cedric. 

"No," he replied "mine made light ripple through the room." 

"I want to pick a pet next." I jumped happily.

When we got to the shop, the lady at the counter asked, "What type of pet are you looking for today?"

"An Owl." I replied confidently."Preferably a black and white one. They're pretty."

"We have one black owl left, but she's a bit shy." She said, leading me to where most of the owls were. She opened a cage and the owl was huddled in the back of it.  It was a great white owl, but the name doesn't really describe all of it, because it has black too.

"Come out, it's OK." I said softly. The owl instantly flew out and landed on my arm. I scratched the back of it's neck.

"You must be really good with animals." The lady complimented.

"Thanks." I replied.

"I think I'll call you.....Hmm...," I pondered, "Cedric, I'm not good with names, could you name her for me?"

"It's your owl Riley,"

"But it will be even more special if my awesome big brother named him..." I nudged him with my elbow.

"Alright, how about, Crescent?" 

"It's perfect." 

I took Crescent out of the shop to find father waiting with a cauldron full of school supplies. "I finished my shopping, so I got your supplies for you." he said, "How about some icecream?"

"Sure!" I agreed.

l handed Cedric my owl cage with Crescent in it. "Why do I have to carry this?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said."Fine. You only have to carry the cage, I said grabbing crescent out of the cage and putting her on my shoulder before walking away happily towards the ice cream shop. 

I saw two boys with red hair run across the street. Crescent saw them too, except she flew off my shoulder and landed right in one of the boys' hair. "Crescent! You get back here right now!" I yelled after her. I ran up to the boy with my owl in his hair. 

"I'm sorry. She must really like your hair."

"Wow. I knew my hair was attractive, but to owls?" He joked. I laughed a little.

"Alright now Crescent. Come on, come here." I said softly. Crescent hopped down onto my outstreched arm.

"Who named her?" he asked.

"Oh. My brother Cedric." I answered

"That's cool. Anyway, my names George Weasley."

Another boy that looks almost excatly like him showed up right next to him.

"Um.." I started.

"Oh, this is my twin brother Fred Weasley.

"That makes more sense."

"Hello! The name's Fred."  the other one said.

"I'm Riley Diggory." 

"Well nice to meet you.  Is this your first year at Hogwarts?" Fred asked.

"Yeah. "

"Ours too." Fred and George said at the same time.

"We do that a lot." George explained.

"Hey Riley! Are you coming?" Cedric yelled standing over at the ice cream shop.

"I gotta go. That's my brother Cedric.  See you at Hogwarts." I smiled, before running off to catch up to Cedric. 

George's P.O.V.

As she ran off to catch up to her brother I couldn't help but notice how pretty she was. She seemed really nice too.  Fred looked at me before saying, "Ooh, Georgie's making googly eyes at a girl..."

"Shut up, am not." I growled before running over to Mum and Dad with Fred.