First Day!

I was dreaming of an ocean, a clear blue ocean, and I was sitting next to it on the beach. Just watching the waves crashing onto the shore. Everything started shaking. What the heck? My eyes fluttered open to find that Angelina was shaking me to wake me up. "Are you always this difficult to wake up? I tried everything!" Angelina asked. 

"Pretty much.." I answered sleeply, "Sorry, did I make us late?"

"No, we still have a good amount of time left, I just wanted to know if you wanted to get breakfast early, so I would have someone to eat with. I'm an early riser. But, I think everybody's making their way down to breakfast now."

"Oh, OK. I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

I swung my feet over onto the floor and stood up. I got dressed into my Gryffindor robes and got the things I needed for our first class, Astronomy, out of my trunk. Walking down the stairs to breakfast, I felt eyes on me. "Why is everybody staring at me?" I whispered to Angelina. 

"I don't know, but they're mostly boys if that explains anything..." she laughed.

"Ugh. Great. Now I get why Cedric hates it when people stare at him for his looks. It's so uncomfortable." I groaned. Angelina laughed.

I jumped when I heard someone yell, "Oi! Riley! Angelina! Wait up!" I turned around to see it was Fred and George. We stopped and waited for them to catch up before moving on. "Sleep well?" Fred asked.

"Riley must have, it took forever before succesfully waking her up." Angelina chuckled.

"George is like that too." Fred commented, "Once he slept through one of our inventions exploding.".  

"One of the very few things different about us." George added. He looked at the necklace I was wearing. "Nice necklace," he complimented.

"Thanks, my best friend gave it to me. She goes to a different wizarding school. She has one just like it except it's purple." 

"Which school?" Angelina asked. 

"Beauxbatons Acadamy of Magic." I answered.

Just before turning into the hall, a Slytherin boy winked at me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking until we sat down at the Gryffindor table. "You know if Cedric saw that he'd probably rip his eyes out. I so wish I could see that right now." I mumbled, and Fred and George laughed. A boy with black dreadlocks, brown eyes, and dark skin we were sitting next to turned toward us. "Hello! I'm Lee Jordan." He introduced.

"Hi. I'm Riley Diggory, this is Fred Weasley, George Weasley, and Angelina Johnson." I returned. He looked towards the person I introduced as I went through their names. Although he lingered on Angelina for a moment, before turning back to me. 

"I already know Fred and George though. We share a dorm."

"Cool."

"Is this the first year for you and Angelina too?" He asked. 

"Yes."

We all turned our heads towards the ceiling as the owls swooped in the morning letters. A big white owl landed in front of me with a letter in it's beak. I took it before giving a quiet thank you and scratching the back of it's neck and it flew off. I opened the letter:

" Riley,

I hope you slept well, Cedric already wrote me and told me you got into Gryffindor. Although it would be nice for you both to be in the same house, Gryffindor is a great house and we are glad. I wish you a great year. I have some sweets for you that should be coming after you read this letter. With love,

Father"

As if on cue, another owl swooped in and dropped little bag full of sweets. It had Bertie and Bott's Every flavor beans, Two chocolate frogs, 7 bars of Chocolate (probably so I good give some to friends), and a Cauldron Cake.

"Any of you want a chocolate bar?" I asked them. I handed one to each of them (Fred, George, Angelina, and Lee) and they thanked me.

"It's time to go to class." Angelina informed us.

"Alright." I said before we set off down the corridors to Astronomy. 

Proffesor Sinistra taught Astronomy and she started us out by giving us all a chart of constellations that we had to label to show her what we already knew. Of course, I knew a little over half of them. George looked over at me and asked: "How do you have that many labeled already?"

"You have that many too," I replied, "Though by the looks of it you're making them up.." I trailed off.

"Seriously though."

"I don't know, I've always loved Astronomy. Last year when Cedric came back from his first year at Hogwarts, I stole his Astronomy textbook and started reading it. I just find it fasinating."

"So you're not like this for every subject?"

"No, I'm not an over acheiver," I laughed, "though I don't fail all my classes either, mostly average."

Proffesor Sinistra walked over and looked at my chart. "That is very well done Riley. I've never seen a first year know this many constellations before. Do you like Astronomy?" She asked.

"Yeah, I want to work in that feild."

"By the looks of it so far, I think you'd be wonderful at it."

"Thank you."

George smirked at me "It looks like Sinistra's already found her favorite student." he joked.

I just smiled and continued naming constellations.

"Wait. You know more!?" 

"Yep."

After Astronomy was Charms with Proffesor Flitwick, then lunch, a break, Defense Against The Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic (BORING), Potions (Ugh. Snape.), and finally Transfiguration.

At supper we all sat at the Gryffindor table. Percy came over and sat down with us. "So Riley, what's your favorite class so far?" He asked.

"Astronomy. I've always loved it." I said before taking a bite of some chicken. 

"Nice to see someone even has a favorite class." He says glaring at Fred and George. George gives him a fake offended look before returning to his food.

"Hopefully if they do decide to do some pranking, it won't effect my chances of being a prefect." He adds. "Great honor really, really helps your chances of getting a job at the minis-"

"Ugh! Here he goes again! Make it STOP!" Fred yells covering his ears. George and Angelina laugh, while I try to keep a straight face as to not offend Percy. 

"Honestly, you two.", I scold them, "you're being rude."

Percy smiles and walks away. As soon as he's gone I burst out laughing, and the others follow.

We walk back to our dormitory and say goodnight before Angelina and I part to go up to the girls' dormitory, and Fred and George to the boys'.

I lay down on my bed and stare up at the canopy above it. Pretty good first day, in my opinion. I think before drifting off to sleep.