Sorting

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Here's the next one! Oh, and by the way, Cedric is in a year above Fred and George in this one, just so Riley being the younger sibling is more apparant. Also, everything in italics is the thoughts of the person who's P.O.V. it is.

When father took Cedric and I to King's Cross, I was a little nervous to walk through the wall to get to platform 9 3/4. Cedric gently nudged me forward. "It's alright, just run through." He encouraged. I ran through confidently and came out on the other side. Platform 9 3/4. Wow. That's awesome. I saw a lot of people with red hair stading by the train. That's most likely Fred and George's family. And sure enough, I spotted Fred and George standing with them. "Hi Riley!" They said in unison. Man, that was weird. "This is our mum," George introduced. "Hello Dear, I'm Molly Weasley," She shook my hand. "Riley Diggory" I replied. I turned back to Fred and George. "This is my younger brother Ron, and my younger sister Ginny,"  Fred continued. "Ron will be going to Hogwarts next year, and Ginny the year after that. "Nice to meet you." I said to them. "And this... is Percy." George said. Percy immediatly shook my hand. "I'm Percy Weasley.".  "I'm Riley Diggory. Nice to meet you." I replied.

"He wants nothing more in the world than to be a prefect. He gets a little bit annoying sometimes, the way he goes on and on about it." George said to me so no one else but Fred could hear it. 

"Now," Molly turned to Fred and George, "I expect you to be on your best behaviors, and I don't want to hear that you've brought your pranking with you to Hogwarts. Understand?"

"No promises..." Fred mumbles. I chuckle a little.

George just smiles a mischieviously.

When we are boarded on the train Fred, George, and I find an empty compartment and sit down. 

A few minutes later a girl with black hair and brown eyes opens the door to our compartment. "Can I sit with you?" She asks, "I don't really know where else to sit.".

"Sure." I nodded. She sat down next to me while Fred and George sat across from us. 

"I'm Angelina Johnson." she said politely.

"Fred Weasley." Fred replied.

"George Weasley" George followed

And I introduced myself last, "I'm Riley Diggory." 

"Are you Cedric Diggory's sister?" She asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Does he ever get tired of girls staring at him?" She asked  jokingly.

"I assume so." I replied, chuckling.

George kept looking at me, and when I glanced over at him to see if he was still looking, he quickly looked away and stared at his shoes. 

"Well, we're here!" Fred broke the silence. 

"So, Riley, what house do you think you'll be sorted into?" George asked. 

"I honestly don't know." I answered, before adding, "Of course I know it won't be Slytherin."

"Let's hope not." George joked.

We took the boats across the water to the boat house and got off. George held out my hand to help me up, he blushed slightly when he took his hand away, and Fred kept giving him weird looks.

When we walked into the hall, there were floating candles lighting up the room, just like Cedric described. You know, I wonder why the wax doesn't drip everywhere? A lady in glasses announced, "Good Evening Students, I am Proffesor McGonnagal, I teach transfiguration. Now, we will sort you into your houses. This is the sorting hat," she held up an old brown hat, "When placed on your head, it will tell you which house you will be sorted into. Now, lets begin." 

She started naming off students and they would come up and sit on a stool. The hat was placed on their head and the hat would ponder over their personality and yell out a house. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. The first student walked up and sat on the chair nervously. The hat thought for a moment before shouting to the hall: "RAVENCLAW!" and the Ravenclaw table burst into applause.

Proffesor McGonnagal called "Riley Diggory!". Fred gave me an encouraging smile and George whispered a good luck while I walked up to the stool. I sat on the stool, the hat was placed on my head and my hands were shaking. Why am I so nervous? The hat is never wrong. I'll be fine no matter what house it puts me in. "Hmm, Riley Diggory. I know your brother is in Hufflepuff, no doubt you'd be well suited for that house." I saw Cedric sitting at the Hufflepuff table, he gave me an encouraging smile and a thumbs up. I stopped shaking, sat up straight, and sat confidently waiting to see where I belong. "Sudden burst of confidence I see? Well, you are very brave, how about, GRYFFINDOR!" It shouted. See? That wasn't so bad. The Gryffindor table cheered, and I walked over to the table and sat next to Percy. "Welcome to Gryffindor Riley!" Percy said happily. 

The system continued for awhile, with the hat yelling out different houses. "Lee Jordan" Proffesor McGonnagal read from the list. A boy walked over to the stool and the hat was placed on his head. "GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouted. A few students later, 

 "GRYFFINDOR!" and  after a couple Ravenclaws, some Slytherins, and a few Hufflepuff's,

"Angelina Johnson" Proffesor McGonnagal called. She walked up and sat on the stool. The hat was placed on her head, pondered for a moment, before shouting "GRYFFINDOR!". The Gryffindor table burst into applause again.

I waited patiently, until I finally heard: "Fred Weasley.". Fred sat down and the hat was placed on his head. "Ah, another Weasley, I know just where to put you. GRYFFINDOR!" I cheered with the rest of the table. 

"George Weasley" Proffesor McGonnagal called. "ANOTHER WEASLEY? WHAT IS THIS? WEASLEY SEASON?!" The hat shouted, and everyone laughed, including Fred and I. "GRYFFINDOR!" We all knew it was coming, but we applauded anyway. 

We were all lead to our dorms after the welcoming feast. I was sharing a dormitory with Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and two other girls. I instantly plopped down on my bed and fell asleep.