The Slap

• Dedicated to Hermione Granger

A/N: I did realize that RIley hasn't seen her older brother Cedric since they got to Hogwarts so I have that here for this chapter. Thanks to anyone who is still reading. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Cedric's P.O.V.

As I was walking to the great hall for lunch, I wondered what Riley's been up to and if she's made any friends yet. I mean, I know she's friends with the Weasley Twins, because I saw her talking to them at Platform 9 3/4, but I wonder if she's made any more. I heard the sound of running foot steps and my questions were answered.

"Hey! Cedric!" Riley shouted.

"Hey Riley." I answered when her and a couple other Gryffindors caught up.

"I wanted you to meet my friends. This is Angelina, Alicia, Fred, George,  and Lee." She introduced. "And for all of you, this is my older brother Cedric."  She told them.

"Hello." I said to her friends.

"Nice to meet you," Fred replied first, then a chourus of others followed from everyone else.  I could see the way George was looking at Riley, they held.. love. Hmm, I'm gonna keep an eye on that one. 

"How about we all walk to lunch together?" I suggested.

"Sure!" Riley agreed. As we walked down to lunch, I saw a few, OK, a lot, of boys staring at her. Not in the way George did, these were more "you look hot" looks. They better look away before they won't be seeing anything ever again. I glared at them.  A couple noticed and looked away. But one in particular seemed to want to challenge me. He whistled. Seriously?

I pushed him to a wall. "Don't you ever do that again."

"And what's a little Huffepuff going to do?" he taunted.

"I am very capable of ripping out your guts."

Riley walked over. "Violence is never the answer. You know that."

"See? She likes me." he said.

"Excuse me? I most certainly do not."

"Then I'll make you like me."

"You know what Cedric?" she said, "I think you're right."

And with that, she smacked him across the face, and when he doubled over in pain, she took the oppertunity to knee him in the stomach. I stared at her.

"Sometimes violence is the only way to get a message through a jerk's thick skull."

I turned around to see all her friends watch her stomp out, eyes widened. Fred and George cracked a smile, before laughing hysterically. We followed her back into the hall to eat lunch. I smiled at Riley before moving away to go sit at the Hufflepuff table.

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to J.K. Rowling's awesome Hermione Granger for being so FREAKING AWESOME when punching Draco Malfoy in the face. This is what inspired this chapter. I just made the reasoning behind it a bit different.