Off to a "Great" Start

This might be the last chapter before my ten day vacation to Japan (read the bolded note at the end) . I'm about as thrilled as any of you if you like this story. Whatever though. When I get back I'll make an attempt at author no-life mode to get more chapters out. Thank you for your patience.

(Y/N) POV

It took several minuets of looking here and there, but we eventually found the entrance to the school. Even so I felt kind of stupid, considering the fact that we walked right past it. But thankfully, as soon as we walked in, we saw the large crowd of students as well as a stage in front of them. Most of them were together in groups of various size, chatting away with their friends from previous schools or new ones they had made. "Ruby! Over here, I saved you a spot!" We turned towards the voice and found Yang part way through the crowd waving at Ruby.

"I-I gotta go. Se you after the ceremony." Ruby said before running off to her sister.

"Hey, wait!" Jaune reached out, only to realize it was hopeless. "Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!" He whined before walking off. I laughed a little to myself, though it led into a frown. I quickly realized that I didn't have any friends outside of Ruby, Yang, Jaune, and Atra, who was still standing next to me. When I looked at her, I saw her looking out over the crowd with a worried expression on her face. Her eyes darted around like she was looking for someone. "Hey, is everything ok?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. She seemed to jump a little before turning to me, seemingly out of her trance.

"Oh, I-yeah. I'm ok. I was just... looking for someone..." She trailed off and began searching again.

"Mind telling me who they are? Then maybe I can help you." I smiled at her, through she seemed to be really fixated on finding whoever this person is.

"Yeah. His name is Jackson Dominic, and he should be around here somewhere. He told me he'd come to Beacon." She put a hand on her chin and continued to scan the groups. "I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't here. We've been friends for a long time. I just- I really hope he came. I really liked him when we were younger and it means a lot to me that agreed on coming here." She began to speed up. "And he promised he would, so if he doesn't then... Oh no! Maybe he forgot. Or maybe... he just didn't want to see me?" I watched painfully as she began to work herself up for almost no reason, so I decided to step in.

"Hey! Stop talking like that, ok? You're a great girl, don't tell yourself otherwise. Here, tell you what? Why don't we split up and look for him, and if I find him, I'll come and get you? That sound good?" I hoped that would calm her down, but instead, her face became a semi-bright red. When I stopped talking, she seemed to recompose herself a little.

"Uh- yeah, that's ok! Yeah, I'll go... this way!" She almost yelled and jogged off to the left, slightly covering her red cheeks as she went. Hmm. I hope she's ok, I thought.

So as I said I'd do, I went looking for one Jackson Dominic. After a few minuets, I stopped, realizing the fatal flaw I had made: I had no idea who this guy was. I completely forgot to ask what he looked like, or the weapon he had. "Well shit." I said under my breath. I perked up at the sudden sound of rolling around and yelling. A little off to my left, it looked like a crowd was gathering.

Walking up, I pushed through the students trying to see what the big deal was. When I got through the wall, I saw two people on the ground, one on top of the other. The one on top had his hands wrapped around the bottom's neck, while the bottom was trying to push the other off at the shoulders. With a closer look, you saw they were both boys, though they looked quite different. The one on top had pale skin, deep green eyes, and light blond hair. He wore a white long coat with a blue trim that went down to knees as well as white pants, a white shirt, and blue shoes. On his forearms were silver gauntlets.