Assholes Come in Many Shapes and Sizes

#AvengeAuburn (spread the word) Why is this story so under read? Other inFamous X RWBY stories are way up there, yet mine is rock bottom. WTF. When Titans Fall gets 100-200 reads  a day but this? Readers, what am I doing wrong?

     The room was dark, quiet. The only audible sound was the occasional 'clank' of metal against metal. It was the first day of combat class, brought to you by Glynda Goodwitch. While everyone else in the school seemed to be dying of excitement when it came to this class, you were slightly different. This was because you knew of how hard it would be to keep your cover in a class that required full use of the aura, and you got the feeling that if embers started to swirl around your body, it would be a clear indication of what you were. After all, it had been hard enough to tell off your team once.

*Flashback*

     You walked into your dorm to see an unnerving sight. All three of your teammates were sitting on their beds, looking at you expectantly. Though you noted Atra looked a little more scared then the other two. "So... Hey guys. Hope you... Had a good day... Y'know, without me and stuff." You started. Sloane frowned and walked up to you. 

"You've got some explaining to do." She said, grabbing your arm and sitting you down on your bed. After seeing that their eyes said 'no escape', you just decided to tell them. 

"Ok, I guess you all deserve to know the truth. The way I was able to do that in Port's class, make the chain explode, well, it's the same as I told him. There was a weapons project in Atlas where they tried to infuse dust with metal. The intention was to make weapons more effective. Their first project was infusing fire dust to weapons, and this chain is their fist successful attempt. In need of a way to test it, they handed it off to me when my family called in a favor." 

"How come no one has ever heard of this 'project', Sloane inquired. 

"It was-uh- top secret." You said. Dimitri looked a little skeptical but dropped the look just as quickly as he got it. 

"Well, come on guys. He told us what we wanted to know." He said, standing up and moving to the door. When no one followed him, he looked back. "What? You think any of use would be alive if he were a bio-terrorist? Come on, lets go get some dinner." 

*End Simulation* 

     When he mentioned the bio-terrorist part, you frowned. Maybe a little too much, because Dimitri quickly picked up on it, causing you to replace it with a small smile. Lying to them wasn't ideal, nor was it pleasant. But what the fuck am I supposed to say? 'Hey, just your friendly neighborhood conduit!' Suddenly, the sound of struggle broke your train of thought. 

     Jaune was currently bent over, using his sword as a support. He was breathing hard and heavy, as his eyes pointed at the ground. Cardin, on the other hand, was standing tall and proud. As proud as anyone like him can be anyway. The boy laughed as he swung his mace over his shoulder, while it looked as if Jaune was trying to motivate himself. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't, but Jaune found a bit of energy, before recklessly charging Cardin. When he got within swinging range, he moved to make an overhead swing, though completely dropped his guard in the process. It didn't matter anyway, as Cardin was easily able to sidestep the attack. For whatever reason, this confused the blonde long enough for Cardin to take a swing of his own, and by the time Jaune looked back at his opponent, the large mace had already connected with his shield. 

     The attack was strong enough to send the shield out of Jaune's hand and away against the far wall. It also sent the boy flying backwards into a short barrel roll. When he stood up, he brought the sword to a backhand position and charged again, seemingly coming for a side swing, but moving the blade back to a downward swing position above his head. Not caring as much this time, Cardin blocked the swing and quickly overpowered the smaller boy. "This is the part where you lose." He said.