What Secrets Can't Keep

Sorry for the length. It was because I wanted to leave  this on a cliffhanger. 

     Ah, the city of Vale. When one isn't out fighting criminals or the wasps known as the DUP, it actually can be quite a nice place. Team RWBY, along with the invited team CADS, were strolling through the city. It was early afternoon, right around lunch, on a Friday. People were out and about, the buzz in the air about the upcoming festival all anyone was talking about. Large balloons the colors of red, yellow, and green (Vale's colors) were put up on street lamps and buildings. What the hell do the need balloons this goddamn big for? You mentally asked yourself. 

     Across buildings, streamers and little flags of the same colors were strung up, and as you walked, you passed a strangely familiar old man on a latter stringing up a large white banner that said "WELCOME To VALE!" on it in big brown letters.

     "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!" Weiss said, clasping her hands in front of her chest. Ruby, who stood behind her, put a hand on her him and raised a brow. 

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..."

"How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

"And of all the things you could get exited about, you get exited about the planing. Somehow, I'm not surprised." You said. 

"Yeah, you really know how to make a good thing and make it sound boring." Yang crossed her arms. 

"Quiet, you!" Weiss snapped. You continued walking. Occasionally, you would see a DUP checkpoint, the soldiers walking around, locking their gaze upon anyone who had the 'audacity' to step within ten feet of them or the sniper towers. 

"Remind me why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" Yang asked as you walked up to the water. 

"Ugh, they smell like fish," Ruby said, her voice in an odd tone as she had her nose covered. 

"I've heard the students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!"  We began walking again when Blake spoke. 

"She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."

"You can't prove that!" Weiss scoffed. 

"Whoa..." We turned our heads at the sound of Ruby's voice to see what she had seen. At the other end of the road, sat a shop. It's left front window had been shattered, along with the glass double doors in front. RWBY walked up to the two detectives sitting at the front behind a line of police tape. You and your team followed. 

"What happened here?" Ruby asked. 

"Robbery." One of the officers answered. "Second dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

"Ugh, that's terrible." Yang frowned, putting her hand on her hip. 

"They left all the money again." The other detective said. This drew your attention, as well as that of everyone else.

"Just doesn't make a lick a' sense. Who needs that much dust?" The detective held a pistol in his hand, carelessly waving it around. 

"I dunno. An army?"