Chapter 6 | Chef of the house

'Now I fly
Hit the high notes I
Have a voice have a voice
Hear me roar tonight
You yelled me down
But I fought back loud'

(*'︶'*)

A c e

The fact that Ray was getting beat caused a fire to start inside me and immediately knew I had to protect the shy and kind girl.

I don't know what's gotten into me, but ever since she showed up in my life, I've felt weird, happy.

I didn't even realise I could laugh so much during one day at basically nothing.

"Ace? Aaaccee? Hello! Earth to mister king?" I feel Ray trying to shake me awake. When she sees I don't open my eyes, she climbs on top of me and shakes me even harder.

In a blink of an eye, the roles are reversed and she's now staring at me from below me, not like that you nasty, but she still doesn't blush.

"Don't you ever get startled?" I sigh and sit on the edge of my bed frustrated.

"I do?"

"You don't show it."

"Haha.. it's kind of a thing I learned not to show living with my parents."

After hearing that, I felt angry all over again. Also guilty I had to remind her of the past.

"But you don't blush either," I say, trying to change the subject.

"So I've heard. I'm sure I would blush if someone would kiss me or something romantic, other than that it's all friendly and fun play, right?" She innocently walks around the bed with my clothes on since they "make her warmer" and out the room.

"Why did you wake me?" I yell, standing up.

"We have school King," she yells back from downstairs.

I head to the bathroom to wash my face and dress in black jeans with a grey hoodie and a tank top underneath in case Ray gets cold and I'd have to give her the hoodie.

When I get down, the smell of fresh pancakes engulfs me, and it's the first time the kitchen has ever been used since I moved in.

"I made you pancakes, I hope you're not the waffle type cause I can't stand them," she says, concentrating on flipping the pancake.

"Pancakes are fine," I mutter lowly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes! The first time I was woken up with something pleasant," she smiles and looks at me.

I hum and we sit down to eat breakfast. To say it's the best thing I've ever tasted would be an understatement.

"Where did you learn how to cook?"

"I don't know? I mean, I cook averagely. It's easy to follow the recipe if you're precise I guess," she tries to say with her mouth filled.

"I can't cook to save my life," I say under my breath causing her to giggle.

"From now on, i guess I'll be the official chef of the house then."

"When do you finish your lectures?"

"Around 3 today, it's gonna be a long day. You?"

"I don't plan on going to any so it'll be fine."

"You can't not go! Your money would be going to waste!" She stands up trying to look intimidating.

"It's just a couple thousands every semester, I'd hardly call it wasting anything. Besides, I have a work thing," I shrug.

The mention of my work causes her to sit down and furrow her eyebrows in concentration. Looking at her makes me want to do unspeakable things to her.

"Will you get hurt?" She asks from under her lashes.

"Have I ever gotten hurt?" I ask in a teasing tone.

"I don't know, I've known you for less than a week," she shrugs.

"Well no, don't worry your pretty little head about it," i stand up and kiss the top of her head before going to wash the dishes.

I hear her sigh and stand up to join me with doing the dishes before I shoo her.

"Are you planning on going to school like this?" I say referring to my baggy clothes that she's still wearing.

"Well.. no?"

"Then go change bird!"

After a little while she comes down with skinny jeans and a white off-shoulder knitted sweater and some black healed boots.

Once we reached the car, she turned on the radio and looked happy. Her slight bit of perfume was roaming around the car in a heavenly way.

"What do I tell people if they ask me about you?" She says out of the blue causing me to glance at her.

"Tell them to ask me if they're really dying to know, I'll answer them for you," i give a small smile.

"Are you going to hurt anyone today?"

"I don't know beautiful, depends if they get me mad or not."

"But if you hurt them then they'll hurt you," again with me getting hurt.

"Good thing I have my personal doctor here at home then," I smirk proudly.

When we reach the parking lot, the students stop to stare at us and whisper. It doesn't bother me but so help me god if they bother Ray I will

"Thanks for the ride," she cuts me off in the middle of thinking. "Please be safe."

"I will birdie, hope along now, don't be late to class," she tells me to be careful one last time and jogs to a red headed girl that seemed to be her friend.

It feels good having someone worry about you. Sighing in content, I head off to this 'work' thing.