Chapter 38 | All packed up

'Help, I lost myself again

But I remember youDon't come back, it won't end wellBut I wish you'd tell me too'

(>人<;)

R a y

I stand there, not processing what's actually happening before a picture of Ace pops into my mind and the only thing, if nothing else made sense, was that this isn't right.

Quickly, I place my hands on his chest and push him a little hoping he would get the message but he doesn't falter which might be due to my shivering hands.

"Blake, stop," I whisper, scared of what's going to happen.

Having said that, he finally freezes and his eyes return to the present snapping out of whatever was happening a second ago. He clenches his jaw before stepping away from me and cursing under his breath.

"Blak—" I begin but get cut off.

"No, you're going to leave now. I will go pack my stuff," he says, millions of emotions flashing through his eyes.

"O-Okay," I say, not wanting to add to it.

He nods, putting his hands in his pockets, and walks back to the Marshmallow's house.

(A/N: i just realized ive been writing 'mellows' when it's supposed to be 'mallows')

"There you are!" I look to my right and see Robert running towards me.

"Rob, let's go," I reach for my car keys in my pockets.

"Finally decided to wait at home?" He jokes.

"No, I'm gonna pack my bag for tomorrow," stepping into the car, I tune out his arguments and drive home.

A c e

Finishing up the last of my files, I push back my chair to finally go home. Walking out of the room, I see most of the gang has dispersed already so I waste no time trying to get to my Ray of sunshine.

(A/N: Holy moly, Ray of sunshine, that's the perfect nickname. Sunshine??? Why did it take me this long to figure out? This day is full of discoveries.)

However, I get stopped when I see Blake picking a fight with another one of the mallows which quickly got dismissed by the other party and the fight was other before it started.

"Blake," I call him out. He calms himself down and turns towards me, hiding all emotions off his face.

"You called?" He says with a monotone voice, keeping his distant.

"You're off this case," I say, irritated. At first, he stares at me before roaring with laughter and shaking his head.

"Yeah, no."

"You're off this case, end of discussion," I put my boss face on and he scoffs.

"You can't do that," he argues.

"Oh, I can't?"

"Not without a viable reason," he hesitates on that one, careful with saying that sentence.

"You have not been yourself this entire week and I can't have less than a 100 percent on my mission. You can join us later when your mind is cleared off. You can stay with Ray, think of it as your job to protect her, which is part of the mission, just an indirect process," he looks like he is about to argue again so before he could, I continue. "No, you can't change my mind, no special treatments just because you're my right hand. Now, I would really appreciate if I could go home to my girlfriend before I go terrorize her kidnapper tomorrow."