Chapter 26 | One call away

'I'm a mess, I'm a loser
I'm a hater, I'm a user
I'm a mess, for your love it ain't new'

(;o;)

The next morning consisted of cleaning and reorganizing what the marshmallows messed up. I also visited Jacob at the hospital and apologized to Alexander since Jake was asleep. However, he was the one that was deeply sorry so I had to keep reassuring him no harm was done.

Ace had to go on a last minute trip, or at least that's what he told me. I knew he was lying by the way his face looked like last night.

As a result of Christmas being over, that means items are on sale. That's where I am right now, accompanied by at least 30 security guards, probably requested by Ace, that are undercover.

However, Blake stayed behind on this trip since apparently he's on a long term mission meaning he has to wait it out. And of course, I forced him to come shopping with me. Rose is still figuring out what to do with her baby, she's leaning on keeping it and praying for the best.

I never want to see her hurt, and by the way she looked at the party, it broke my heart to millions of pieces.

"Can we just go home," Blake whines for the tenth time in less than a minute.

"Listen, i hate shopping just as much as you do, but the sales are amazing," the truth is, I have been terrified to go into such a public place like the mall even after I started living with Ace, but I wouldn't tell him that.

So five hours later, it's basically dark because it's winter, love that for us. I shopped for me, Blake, Ace, and got ties for the poor guards that are probably exhausted.

"You're not gonna tell me where Ace went to?" I say, crunching on my fries.

"You're not gonna tell me who you met with yesterday?" He shoots back. I remember the weird dude that I forgot about once Ace was in my presence.

"Touche," i roll my eyes. "We should head home, I'm already tired," I yawn and stand up. Once I do, I see George, Daniel's brother, walking around with his sunglasses on and start to panic.
Not a panic attack twice in a week.

"What's wrong?" Blake's voice suddenly got serious looking around for any danger.

"Nothing, let's just go," I force a small smile. Blake doesn't seem convinced so he motions to the guards to scout the area when it really wasn't necessary.

"Ray, just point at the person and they will be dead," Blake growls next to me, still glaring at anyone even looking at me.

"I'm good," i feel my hands shake violently so I stuff them in my jacket forcefully and walk faster.

I hear him sigh and pull out his phone to dial some number. I focus on the car that's waiting for us and nothing else, my only goal being is to get to that car.

"Here, take it," Blake hands me the phone and I look at him weird. I do it anyway, and before I say anything, I hear the deep raspy voice that can calm me down any time.

"Ray, love, what's going on?" His voice sounds tired and concerned. I didn't want to cause him any trouble because it sounds like he's having enough already.

"It's nothing, It.. I... Uhm, just don't worry about it," I laugh nervously, knowing he doesn't believe a single word of that sentence.

"I'll be back home soon okay? We can talk then if you don't want to now," he says understandably.

"Are you okay? You sound very tired," I ask, concerned. Even I couldn't sleep yesterday because he wasn't in bed next to me, but he has to go on a secret mission while lying to me. I can't imagine that being easy.

He pauses to laugh a deep laugh, still sounding tired before saying, "I'm fine now after hearing your voice."

I start blushing and glance at Blake to see if he's heard anything, but he had his Bluetooth earbuds in doing business.

"I have to go, i miss you though," I say sadly.

"I'm coming back soon, I promise. I love you," he replies. Saying a quick love you back, i hang up and start wondering what to do for the time without Ace being around.

It has been two days and I haven't received a call from Ace, just some rushed messages. Those rushed messages did say he's coming back today morning so I woke up at 3 and anxiously cleaned the entire house which took hours. Seven to be exact since it's now 10 and I just sat down after I took a shower.

Deciding I'd go crazy, I turn on the tv and cuddle deeper into my blankets since it's freezing cold.

Not even half an hour later, I hear a car pull up into the garage and jump out to sprint down to the garage.

However, when I hear more than one voice, I compose myself and respectably walk down.

Then I finally see it, my love in a human form. I couldn't even focus on any of the other junior mellows as I just stare at this bruises and stitches on his palm and gasp. Ace might be the gang leader of the mafia, but usually all he gets on him is a scratch.

He shoos the mellows to his office and holds a guilt look on his face. He slowly stomps over to me, though his face now a soft and tired one. When he's close enough to me, he bends down and puts his forehead on my shoulder while I tangle my hand in his thick locks of hair.

"I'll kill them," I say unexpectedly. Ace seems to stiffen in surprise and pull me to his chest before comfortingly rubbing my back.

"It's been dealt with sweetheart," he replies, massaging my head.

"What happened?" I pull away to pull his face into my hands, relieved I can finally touch him.

"Nothing you need to worry your little head about," he smiles.

"I'm getting it out eventually," I mutter.

"What's up with the junior mellows?" I ask referring to the youngest of the gang he brought home.

"We're on a new mission and I thought they wouldn't look suspicious," he answers. "Enough about stupid work, I missed you," I try not to melt from his words, but who am i kidding? I will forever feel my heart flutter from just hearing his voice.

"I missed you," I reply back, suddenly feeling emotional. It's the week of my period so it would make sense, but he doesn't know that, I think, so I gotta pull it together.

"How about we talk after i finish with the thing that shall not be named?" He asks, referring to work.

I nod and kiss his cheek, saving the lips to another time. I don't think I would be able to contain myself if I felt his lips on mine.

He narrows his lips before giving me a tight smile and leave to his office, finally being home.