Chapter 50 | Changed person

'I'm that bad type
Make your mama sad type
Make your girlfriend mad tight
Might seduce your dad type'

Σ(❛✿)

A c e

"Where's Ray?" Blake asks, lounging on my couch. It was a mistake telling him where my home is, especially after trying to kiss Ray.

"Why?" I glare, knowing he meant nothing bad but I'd like to keep him on thin ice.

"No reason, I was just wondering," he puts his hands up in mock surrender.

"She went to her medical school to try and register for online classes instead of actual class," I say.

"Why would she do that? Have you really become that possessive?" He grimaces.

"Sure," I take the hit, not wanting to tell him about Ray's pregnancy just yet.

"Why not?" I ask Ray that has just told me not to tell anyone. "I wasn't going to do it, but it's strange for you not to want to tell everyone."

"Well," she begins, "I wouldn't want getting their hopes up during the first trimester in case anything happens," she shudders.

"What's going to happen? I thought you were healthy," I say, my heart picking up the pace.

"Oh, I am!" She reassures me. "It's just universally known, or so I thought, not to tell anyone about pregnancy before three months have passed since the baby is very fragile. Doesn't mean anything's wrong."

So I sat there (bbq sauce on my titties), feeling like a dumb millennial as she explained when we would tell everyone and see the baby for the first time.

"I'm starting class next month, I need to figure something out," she sighs.

"Do you have to go?" I ask, knowing the answer already.

"Yes! I want a full time job eventually," she huffs. "Also once the baby comes, I probably will take a year or two off so it's better I finish the most I can this year."

"Ew, stop smiling like that," Blake snaps me out of my daze.

"Like what?" I ask.

"I don't know, just stop smiling to yourself," he shudders, and I immediately turn back to a frown.

"Have you talked to your parents?" He asks out of the blue.

"Why?" I ask, confused.

"Your dad dropped by the office today morning and he was asking about you," he tells me.

"I'll give him a call later in the day," I say, not bothered enough to do it at the moment. Especially not since my mom has not fully accepted Ray into my family.

I hear footsteps towards the couch and then a hand is placed on top of my eyes. The familiar smell of the lavender shampoo hits.

"Wow, I love third wheeling," Blake unnecessarily adds.

"Hi sunshine," I gently peel her hand away and see her smiling at me.