Chapter 42 | Ray

'Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh
Through the fields we go
Laughing all the way'

( 'Д')y~~

R a y

"I'm telling you, there's no way Blake would have known," I exaggerate.

"Do you really think boss cares? He accompanied you here," Rob emphasizes.

"Just shut up and drive Robert," I say, rubbing my temples.

"Yes ma'am," he obeys.

"Okay, but I don't see Ace's point of view," I snap after some silence.

"I'm not sure either," Rob lies.

"Oh really?"

"Well, he let you stay in this mission so I would say he's doing a lot of bad decisions," he shrugs.

"Hey! I'll have you know, I trained hard to be here," I cross my arms.

"Sure," he laughs jokingly. "Now look out, we're getting close."

Once we arrive to what looked like an abandoned house, the mallows all exit their cars and rush to get further instructions from me.

"East wing, you'll stay outside standby. West wing, stay close by as we investigate each room. We have enough people to spread out and cover more ground by doing so," I inform, already pulling out the bag with the weaponry.

They all nod, not a single person questioning me, and get to work.

"You sure you know what you're doing here?" Rob speaks lowly.

"Let's hope so," I say.

We move into the house quietly, each group already separated since they know what they're doing thankfully.

After around ten minutes of me looking in the master bedroom along with some others, we decide nothing is worth looking at and leave.

On my way out, I knock something over that looked like a flash drive and look around to see no one in the room anymore.

Fetching my laptop from the backpack I had on me, I efficiently plug the drive into it and open the file easily.

"Keep my daughter out of this," a young looking man yells at someone who has his back to the camera.

"Oh Noah, maybe you should've thought of that before killing all my family," a familiar voice laughs.

"I keep telling you, it was not me Antonio. Let it go," the young man yells.

Antonio, of course. He then rolls a cart with a computer towards the young man that's tied up.

"Such a pretty face, I remember her birthday was three months ago. It would be a sham to die so young," the colour leaves the man's face as he looks at Antonio pleadingly.

"Please, she's barley a child. You can have everything, just not her," the man pleads even more.

"A little too late for that buddy," Antonio tsks. "My men are handling her right now, but I can tell them to keep her alive for a bit longer if you just do what I need you to do."

The man stares with his now hollow eyes at the picture of the child I could not see. After a few seconds, he accepts defeat by dropping his head and sobbing quietly.

"I'm glad we reached an agreement," Antonio laughs and I begin hearing something weird coming from behind me.

"Can you at least tell whoever has her to take care of my beautiful Ray?"

It didn't seem to register what he said until I look behind me where the noise is and see Tonio swinging the bat at me.

I close my eyes and wait for the impact that doesn't come. I open my eyes back up to see Ace holding the bat and Antonio looking shocked.

"Perfect timing, ey?" Ace smiles at me and I sigh in relief.

Before I could blink, Ace pushes Tony down to the ground earning a yelp from him. Then faster than he appeared, Antonio was unconscious on the ground.

"You okay?" Ace walks towards me as other mallows fill up the room.

"Do you know anyone named Noah?"

"Where did you hear that name?" His expression gets serious.

Without having to explain anything, I move out of the for Ace to see the screen and his eyes widen for a second before returning to normal size.

"I suppose I have to explain then, don't I?"

"All I know is that he's your biological dad, your mom has died due to an illness and your dad was one of the top mafia leaders. I heard something went wrong and he suddenly lost loyalty from all his members along with his money but his private life stayed private so I didn't know he had a daughter until a couple of weeks ago.

"I was planning on meeting him here later when you were back home and deciding whether or not he should meet you but I didn't get the chance."

Ace explains that to me while sitting down, letting the other mallows take care of Antonio and the house.

"Do you know where he is?" I ask, shakily.

"Yes," Ace admits causing my eyes to shoot open.

"And where is he now?" I say, frightened by the answer.

"I'm the hotel where we left him."

*
[ 1/3 ]