Chapter 17 | Sober party

'Sometimes I just wanna cave
And I don't wanna fight
I try and I try and I try and I try and I try
Just hold me, I'm lonely'

^_−☆

A week has passed by and Ace was still mad at his parents even after me telling him not to be. At first it was nice, now it's just childish.

"You remember about the business party?" Ace says, struggling with the tie. "I mean, I'm not even a business man. It's boring work, I don't know why I have to wear a tie and pretend I care."

"Have you been complaining more lately or am I just imagining things? Are you on your man period?" I tease while tying his tie.

"Can you come?"

"To the party that's gonna start in thirty minutes?"

His face is hopeful and smiling, did he think I agreed?

"Sweetheart, I'm in your pajamas, haven't shaved in days, or showered for that matter, and I have no outfit," I explain slowly, he's really beginning to sound like a child.

"You look great, you can get ready quickly can't you? You look stunning either way," he pleads.

It takes me a minute before realizing what's been happening.

"Your parents are gonna be there, aren't they?"

He sighs. "Just for the opening of the deal, they'll leave when the party actually starts."

I roll my eyes, my lady sixth sense is never wrong. "Fine, if I still look like a thumb and embarrass you, it's not my fault."

As I'm walking away, he says, "you can be the best looking thumb there!"

After doing basic needs of hygiene, I chose to wear a knitted dress with an added belt, and mid thigh black boots with heels

After doing basic needs of hygiene, I chose to wear a knitted dress with an added belt, and mid thigh black boots with heels. I curled my hair and added mascara and gloss which didn't take that long.

I walk down the stairs with Ace waiting for me, wearing the same colored tie as my dress. I'm starting to think he does it on purpose somehow.

"Gorgeous," he pecks my neck and looks into my eyes adoringly before taking off.

Once we got to the place, cameras were flashing our faces causing me to panic. The flashes were blinding me and I couldn't see straight.

"Just hold onto my arm and put the shades on," Ace whispers in my ear while the people scream questions at us.

As he says, I cling onto his arm until we make it through to the outdoorsy event. I spot his parents and start walking towards them still holding onto Ace.