Chapter 22 | Jacob

'Light it up, on the run
Let's make love tonight
Make it up, fall in love, try'

(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

I was sleeping very peacefully this morning, the best sleep I've gotten in a while. I was truly exhausted from the other night and I finally learned why people love sleep so much.

However, it all came to an end when I felt the move and dip, then move again and the bathroom door lock. I sigh and sit up, forgetting I was completely naked.

I rub my eyes and brush the knots in my hair with my hands. To say I was sore would be an understatement. I couldn't stand up, it hurt my legs, my stomach, my shoulders for some reason, and it wasn't a good situation.

So as I'm trying to get to my closet with only sheets covering me, for bathroom door opens revealing a semi naked Ace with dripping hair.

"Good morning love," he whispers deeply.

"Yeah," i stare at his abs remembering how last night went.

"How you feeling?" He pulls me by the waist, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Well, I'm not wearing anything and you're in a very short towel," I say, not really answering the question.

"If you want to go ag-"

"Ace, I love you, but I'm so sore," my voice breaks like a little kid. "It hurts here and here," I point to different parts of my body.

"Damn, I'm sorry. I really thought I was being gentle."

"Yeah, well, I have to go to college today. How do you expect me to do that when i can barley walk?" I exclaim.

"I-I'm Sorry?"

"Save your apologies. Go get dressed while I shower," I say sternly.

"Bossy," he mumbles before pecking my lips.

After getting out of the shower, I felt like myself again and was determined to apologise to Ace.

So while I was looking for him, I heard him on the phone and decided to not bother him. Instead, I wrote him a note and headed out to meet my professor to discuss me graduating early.

I'm done with most credits, I need a couple hours of a couple classes and that would be it.

As I'm walking down the street, I realized that today was in fact Christmas Eve. I completely forgot about the holiday since I was busy worrying about other things but dang. It's my first Christmas with Ace and it's exciting.

As I'm walking in the main building, I see a couple of guys that I think Rose talks to. One of them seems to recognize me since he starts jogging towards my direction.

"Hey, Ray correct?" The guy says with a big smile.

"Right, and you are?" I trail off.

"Sorry, Jacob, my friends call me Jake," He pulls onto his varsity jacket.

"Well, nice to meet you Jacob," I politely say, planning on leaving.

"Rose's friend, right?" He continues swinging on his feet.

"Yes, uhm, can i help you?"

"What are you doing in school during Christmas Eve," he asks, completely ignoring my question.

"Need to talk to some professors, I'm going to be late if i don't get going," I hint, hoping he'll get it.

"I'll walk you!" He says sounding excited. Who am I to say no to a nice person?

"Sure," I shrug my shoulders.

Turns out, Jake is a great guy. He's funny and laughs at anything in his way. He's heard a lot about me from Rose and wanted to see if I really how i was described so he approached me. We also have a couple of things in common, and we spent the waiting time to movie quotes time.

"So you haven't watched the avengers yet?" I laugh at him looking terrified of upcoming spoilers i might slip.

"NO, and i haven't spo-"

As he's talking, my phone, that Ace got me a while back, starts ringing. Since i literally have two contacts in there, I knew it had to be Ace when i looked at the clock.

"Oh shrimp, I'm really late. I'll see you later, yeah?" I rush out the school, not paying attention to what the response was.

"Heelloo?" I try and sound innocent.

"If i didn't know you better, i would think you were avoiding me," he says in a stern voice, causing guilt to spark through me.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't pay attention to the time. I'm coming home, you must be hungry."

He mumbles something about for me, but wouldn't repeat it when i asked. He said he'd come pick me up from where I was and I accepted, not wanting to upset him further.

After a couple of minutes waiting for Ace, I see his red car pull up and quickly jog to it.

"I'm really sorry, I lost trac-"

He kisses me slowly and smirks into the kiss, seeming to enjoy himself.

"We already said, no more apologies."

"Right," I nod and look forward when the car starts.

"I'm going to the gang's house, they've worked hard this year, I'm thinking of being a little nicer to them," Ace thinks out loud.

"Speaking of being nice, I wanna do something for Christmas!"

"I was thinking of staying in bed all day," he pouts.

"You can invite Blake and I'll invite Rose and other people. Please, it'll be really fun!" I beg.

He looks at me, then back to the road, then back to me, before sighing and shaking his head slightly.

"I didn't know this is what I signed up for," he exhales. I take that as a yes and fist bump the air before kissing his cheek.