A Story For Peridot

I know what you're thinking. YAY LAPIDOT! Yes. BUT it's my interpretation of the characters in order to create some kind of character depth. So don't kill me.

*TRIGGER WARNING* Mentions of weed, abuse, and non-consensual touching is included in this chapter.

~Lapis's POV~ *Basebal Game*

I came to this game only for the party afterward. And to support Sapphire. I hate being anywhere where I can see Jasper. And it's crowded. I'm sitting next to Peridot who sits next to in my fourth-period class. She's wearing that alien I really like. "Hey Peridot. Nice shirt."

She jumps a little, surprised I'm talking to her. I never do. She always tries to talk to me in class. Even asking "What's your secret" as if I was a spy or something. It used to be kind of annoying but eventually, she gave up.

"Lapis? Uh thanks. What are you even doing here? You're not the social type." She says the last part quietly and crosses her arms.

"Eh. Here for a friend. What about you nerd?" I ask, looking at her green suspenders and black glasses.

"I'm here for Amethyst. She asked me to come after helping out with her homework one day." She looks back down at her phone as if ending the conversation but I decide I want to keep talking.

"I never thought you'd hang with her. Isn't she a little high energy for you?" I ask with a smirk.

"Why would you care?" I just shrug. I can't quite figure out what makes me want to talk to her so much, I'm usually not talkative or social, like she said.

Peridot sighs and rubs her temple. "Lapis are you bipolar or something? All year you ignore me, even if we had to work together in class. I had to fake partner projects and make it look like you put some work into it which you didn't. And at a random game, all of a sudden you want to be all chatty with me? I don't get it."

I just shrug again. "Me neither." She sighs. I really couldn't care less what she thinks of me. Or anyone for that fact. Well, except for maybe Sapphire and Pearl.

"So what are you looking at," I say, leaning over to look at her phone. She backs away and points her phone away. "N-Nothing!"

"Oh come on it isn't gay porn is it?" She looks flustered at my imaginative suggestion.

"No, of course it isn't!" She lays her phone on her lap but the screen is off. I take it and press the power button. "H-hey give that back"

"What's the password," I say, ignoring her.

"7152" She replies slowly. I nod. That was easy to get out of her. I open her phone and look at what her last tab was which makes me snicker.

"Camp Pining Hearts fanfiction?" She tries to grab her phone but I hold it away farther and smirk. "Percy and Pierre" I fain a gasp. "A love story?"

She grabs her phone out of my hands and closes all her tabs quickly and puts her phone in her pocket. A blush hits her face. "It's nothing." The crowd stands up and cheers for our team. Ruby just made a home run. I look at Sapphire and see her smiling and cheering too.

"I must be psychic because I was joking about the gay porn thing," I say looking back at Peridot.

"It wasn't gay porn. Just fluff." She crosses her arms again.

"Still gay," I say. She huffs in response. "But no I watch CPH too." Her eyes light up at this. "You do? Oh my gosh I LOVE that show! Percy and Pierre are obviously the superior couples no doubt."

I think I may have set off a fangirl bomb.

"Have you seen the whole show yet? Percy is meant for Pierre in every way. Percy is adept at aquatic sports. He would have won the canoe race if he weren't so busy drooling over Paulette, and the other part where Percy dives to the bottom of the lake to get Paulette's friendship bracelet proves that he has the largest lung capacity in the entire camp. And Pierre is a force to be reckoned with on land. When he hung Bunk Seven's underwear in the tree, the whole-," I stop her after getting lost.